RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

A loong track it took a few laps to decipher when I first got on it. Very happy with a good rhythm after a several sessions. Was I the only one practicing for this event?

R1, I did stay behind to drive with Connor as I knew I would have a chance for a different kind of fun in R2. I just tried to stick to my lines and use the same shift/brake points I would if redlining.

R2: Mad dog, mad dog! I love to take off as hard as I can from the front. I know Connor would move out of the way and It made a fun race for me. Daniel had no problem getting by me. As Nelson came up to me I goofed up two turns in succession allowing him an easy pass, not intended. Tires started to warm up and half way through the race I had to change the way I was going through corners, seems my brakes were working really well so I depended on them more and it actually worked. I sure was glad Bjorn had changed all his gears!

IFM's ought to be a fun time or two :)

So, as I said in the game, I wasn't feeling that inspired to race.
But as @Nelson Ullinskey said, it might get better during race, and strangely enough, he were right.

P1 & P2 was spent to learning the track.
Prior to the practice sessions, I have only done maybe 6 laps in total (for the testing of cars for the Thursday event). Close to the end of P2, I manage to find some speed, but I wasn't really to confident in my driving. There were still some areas on the track, I was unsure how to approach.

Then Q came, and on my Hotlap, I screwed up. At first I was thinking of backing out to rejoin, but the memory of Macau, when I did the same, were still fresh. So I just skipped it.

R1
Not one of my best starts, but decent enough. Got stuck behind @Dennis Phelan at T1, and I didn't dared to push on, in case he decided to return to the racing line.
At first I got the feeling he wanted me to pass, but I wasn't sure, so I just took it easy.
Also, I wasn't sure were @Connor Caple were at the time:

2014_11_18_00001.jpg

Dennis, went little wide, and I could finally "pedal to the metal".
However. @Connor Caple passed us both at this point:

2014_11_18_00002.jpg

However, I had manage to pick some speed, so when Connor went wide at T2,
I passed him just right before T3:

2014_11_18_00003.jpg

There were a few fights in front of me. @Peter Ell passed both @Reggie Blain Snr and @Björn Golda but nothing I could take advantage of. I stayed behind Reggie, but also tried to apply some pressure, which ironically lead to me, doing a mistake. At he first heavy right hander, my rear just snapped and I lost control, and had I visited the sand trap:

2014_11_18_00004.jpg

I had some momentum, so I could get back on track pretty fast, thus, keep both Connor and Dennis behind me. Started to try hunt down Reggie, but he were fast. I kept getting closer and closer, but I never had a good line to pass him. At lap 2, I noticed Reggie started to play a pendulum game, and he lost speed, so right before the long straight, I manage to pass him:

2014_11_18_00005.jpg

Next up is @Björn Golda. I noticed that I kept getting closer to him, step by step, so I decided to push hard, and on Lap 3, I were right behind him. However, that was pretty short-lived.
Once again, at some Chicane, I lost control of the car.

2014_11_18_00006.jpg

2014_11_18_00007.jpg

Okay, back to the task, to hunt Björn down once again.
However, I lost a huge chunk of time, so I pretty much spent the whole race trying to catch up to him. Mixed with me doing some mistakes, but he were never out of my sight.
Just out of reach, to be a threat to him. On lap 8 I were close enough to start being a threat, and on lap 9 I were right behind him. Overall, I felt I were faster, but the lack of tires, I couldn't really push as hard I wanted. I tried a few times, but was never in position to pass him. Finished in 3rd, just a second or something behind him. Peter himself, who was in 2nd, canceled his race, so one free spot, I take that!

R2
Much better start this time, and at T1 I passed Reggie:

2014_11_18_00008.jpg

Me and Connor had a tiny fight first few corner
But at the first Chicane, I pass him, thanks to my position on the track:

2014_11_18_00009.jpg

Dennis weren't that far ahead, so at the 2nd chicane, we were side by side through the whole section:

2014_11_18_00010.jpg

2014_11_18_00011.jpg

After the Chicane, I had a good track position, and manage to pass him thanks to the corner going my way:

2014_11_19_00001.jpg

I am now up in 2nd, and Nelson who had manage to pass a few as well, started to be a serious threat. He were really close at first, but luck were on my side, and thanks to Nelson doing a few mistakes, I manage to stay ahead of him, the whole race. Even increase the gap up to 4-5 seconds. It was not until the very end, and no tires left for me, that he were back in my rear. I still manage to finished in 2nd, with Nelson right behind me:

2014_11_19_00002.jpg

Thanks for the event and see you next time!

Sorry guys, even with Dennis' setup file I can't drive these. I know you lot think they're slow, but I just find them twitchy with too much acceleration and a tendency to fly into walls.:sick:

Spent some time on the RD server this afternoon and just couldn't put a good lap together even though I already know the track .Just not fun for me to drive.

I'm out. Catch you all in the Minis on Friday! :thumbsup:

I'm a maaaaaybe :) (gonna hop onto the server any moment now, anyway - in case someone wants to join in)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201447):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

This one's actually rather unlikely, but since I might just make it last-minute and without practice... maybe? ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201447):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Can confirm both the speed of Dennis' setup (wheee! fun, fun, fun - I even like the track, using this ;)) and the stability of Bob's one (would recommend adjusting steering lock, though - 19-20-ish?).
Really pushing hard, I could even get about the same times using Bob's for the first half of the course, it's the latter part where I'm faster with Dennis' settings :)

My working plan is still very intense, but I'll try to return in time. Don't know if I'll be able to find some time for practice, so I'm looking forward for the fight at the back ;)
I'm in (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline