RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

IFMCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: International Formula Master
Track: Abu Dhabi [download here]
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07, Race On

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:40 GMT: Warmup
20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Connor Caple
  3. -Dave Morley
  4. -Nelson Ullinskey
  5. -Peter Ell
  6. -Björn Golda
  7. -Daniel Linder
  8. -Enzo Fazzi
  9. -Reggie Blain Snr
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Well, since I did vote for this car, I guess it's only fair that I should push pedals and turn wheels. Or something.

And I want to make an Abu Double joke, but I can't think of one that would make sense.

If you drove in our last IFM race at Mid Ohio Chicane, your setup for that track will work wonderfully at AbuDhabi. You might make 6th gear one click longer depending on how your setup is.

If you don't have a setup for an IFM car the file below is my current setup and handles nicely for me.
Possibly Bjorn will add his? for the more accomplished drivers?

Attachments

• ifm abu dhabi.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 336
Probably a daft question, but....
Is there a doc somewhere with a step-by-step guide to joining online races?
Or is it as simple as finding the correct server, then clicking 'Join'? :D

Also, is it possible to be a spectator in these races?
Not sure I'll be ready for a 'real' race by Friday, but it would be nice to get ones feet wet. . .
Preferably without getting completely soaked in the process. ;)

Cheers,
Lars

@Lars Hansen Just click on Multiplayer in the main menu and click again on Internet game. A Lobby screen will appear with a list of servers. Some, like the RD servers have passwords and others are open public servers that anyone can join. For RD's events you must know the password and since you already have a licence you're ready to enter.

Our races are st up many other servers. Fridays race will have a mandatory pit stop where you must change at least two tires. This will require you to have keyboard or wheel buttons programmed for pit menu access and selections. It's good to understand pit presets too. Information on all this can be found here.

We have fast drivers and slow drivers in the club events. Everyone deserves and gets respect while on the track. The servers for the week are up, check them to see if anyone is on practicing and join them for some laps if you like. On the day of a race some of us will be in the server lapping even before the official practice starts at 20:00GMT. You can join any server for practice before the event officially starts. You should be signed up for an event to practice during Practice Session Two[P2] but since the events are not fully booked it's not a problem.

Sign up for Fridays race, we'll be happy to see you there! TeamSpeak is good, if you have it join us even f you do not have a microphone. Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Dennis

If you have seen my posts in that thread about least favorite F1 tracks, then you know this is one I hate :O_o:

I jumped on early to log some practice laps and actually got up to speed real quickly. I was called away to help with something so there my car sat not being touched for the first 20 minutes of official practice :whistling:. I stole the pole and had a rocket start :confused:. I basically dominated the thing, but Peter Ell showed tremendous speed. However, he was inconsistent and I ultimately won the race :thumbsup:

Race 2 was rather intense at the start, but I got up to third from seventh within the first of nine laps. Peter's old inconsistency disease must have left him and infected me, because I found myself all over the road :cautious:. So I rode by myself for much of the race until Daniel Linder made a slight blunder and I caught up with him. He took second and I third, but it was will some fun racing :D

So this is win number 13 for me, the unlucky win. No wonder I won on the track I despise the most :rolleyes:

Oh my.. not my track.. yet? :D

I haven't had too much time for training so upon seeing Peter's time, I quickly abandoned any thought of victory ;) Nelson got up too a great pace as well, all while I was slowly putting in faster times.
Unlike last week, I went into qualifying with race fuel and put myself into 2nd as neither Peter nor Daniel, who had similar or slightly faster times than mine in P2, put in a lap.

Started fairly well, but 'twas only a few meters till Peter came knocking at my door - with his practice lap times in mind, I didn't put up too much defense when we first approached the chicane at the end of the straight ;)
HoJZuvY.jpg

Both Nelson and Peter pulled away in the aftermath, and a few laps in, Daniel got up to P4 and kept on closing the gap - a bit later, he lost some time again, then I lost some time due to an almost-spin through the second chicane. Still, it wasn't until the last two laps that he got close enough to make a move - I managed to keep position, though, and even inherited P2 with Peter DNF'ing somewhere towards the end :)
HPIWlPa.jpg

For race #2, I spontaneously changed my gearbox, widening all gears a bit to allow for a larger 6th gear. Starting 6th/7, I quickly lost a position to Nelson and turning into the straight, it became apparent the new gears weren't the wisest decision: Lacking speed and drafting wasn't possible no matter how close I was.
However, both Connor and Reggie helped my efforts by taking a small offroad detour:
SHD8UFw.jpg

A few kilometres down the road, I arrived at Dennis', who initially wanted to let me through. After that didn't work out on the first try, he must've noticed he was way faster through the first half of the track, while I was faster in the second part - a nice recipe for some great battling, isn't it?
Had some nice, close racing which ultimately didn't change too much position-wise:
UgGzUFk.jpg

See you (maybe) on Thursday, thanks for racing, everyone!

Fun races as ever. Thanks @Dennis Phelan for staying at the back with me for race one, so I actually had someone to chase for a change. had a lot of fun, even though I knew he was easing off to give me chances to catch him. ;)

Second race, blew it, hit a wall, pit stop-repairs-etc.... :roflmao:

Looking forward to the scary OW cars on Thursday - still have not even sat in one. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%