If I subscribe to Iracing what cars do I get?

Man it's been a looong time since I joined up but I'm pretty sure you at least get the new Global MX-5, the last gen NASCAR truck and IndyCar. Tracks I believe Summit Point, Laguna Seca, LRP for road and Charlotte, Daytona (2008 version) and Phoenix (older version, not sure of year) for ovals. May be more though by now.

No free GT3 cars unfortunately, as you can't drive them initially with only your rookie license. As long as you're a safe driver you can progress up to higher licenses surprisingly quick, like a week or two to land your D or C license. Safe driving is KEY in iRacing, especially just starting out. I really can't stress this enough. Most people who give up on it, in my experience, leave because they can't seem to get out of Rookies. I always see complaints on the forums about getting wrecked out of every race from frustrated rookies. I would recommend not even worrying about actually racing anyone for position when you first start; just drive safe, avoid all the inevitable wrecks, and get your D license before you judge whether or not iRacing is worth your time and money. The rookie license is more of a safe drivers 'test' and race results don't count until you get your D license anyway.

The cars and tracks can seem expensive, roughly 10-15 bucks each, but they are VERY well made and the tracks are all 100% laser scanned. Not at all like cars in huge 20+ car DLC packs for games like Gran Turismo and the like. You also don't need to buy too many to compete in a full season as there are normally schedules posted telling you which tracks will give most bang for buck in the upcoming season.

We are presently in season 2, week 7 of 12 and there are 4 seasons per year.

edit - Sorry for the wall of text when all you asked about was car prices, lol... I was pretty much just writing out what I would tell myself when I first started out in rookies if I was able.

Last edited:
The Monthly Subscription includes the following Cars and Tracks.
My selection may slightly differ ?
Cars
Pontiac Solstice
Legends Ford '34 Coupe
NASCAR Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado circa 2013
NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet Impala COT circa 2013
SCCA Spec Racer Ford
V8 Supercar Ford Falcon circa 2012
Indycar Dallara circa 2011
Mazda MX-5 Cup & Roadster circa 2015
Street Stock
Cadillac CTS-V Racecar
NASCAR Nationwide Chevrolet Impala circa 2011
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
Dirt Street Stock

Tracks
Concord Speedway
Daytona circa 2007
USA International Speedway
Lanier National Speedway
Lime Rock Park
Oxford Plains Speedway
Summit Point Raceway
South Boston Speedway
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Phoenix International Raceway - 2008
Centripetal Circuit
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park
Okayama International Circuit

Good luck if you Sign up.

Thanks all for the replies, and ouch 15 bucks for one car? Expensive :O_o:

Yeah that's true, no argument here. Bear in mind though, that's the MOST you'll pay. A lot are $11.95. You also get credits for participation each season which can be applied to car and track prices. The credits can be pretty significant too if you compete each week, especially across multiple series. You also get discounts for buying multiple cars/tracks at a time, and if you end up sticking around they give huge discounts for owning large percentages of all available content, like 50% 75% etc...

... The credits can be pretty significant too if you compete each week, especially across multiple series.

the most you can get this way is 10 iRacing dollars, no matter how many series you end up doing more than 8 of 12 races in

You also get discounts for buying multiple cars/tracks at a time, and if you end up sticking around they give huge discounts for owning large percentages of all available content, like 50% 75% etc...

discounts are given for either 3 cars / tracks (10% off) or 6 cars / tracks (15%), the discount for owning large amount of content kicks in at 40 cars / tracks bought as the years/seasons progress. Once you get past this point, all cars / tracks are 20% off.

I am quite stingy and I paid the following over the first 5 years, and this is for the yearly subscription and the content: 340 dollars / 125 dollars / 280 dollars / naught / 75 dollars. As you can see, once you get past the first three years, you have all the content which interests you and then run rather cheap. The first three years, though, ...

That said, the online competition is unrivalled and breaking it down to what you pay per hour enjoyed, it is reasonable, at least for me.

Keep in mind too that you won't end up buying that many cars. Only the ones you really want to drive. Most people pick road or oval, only a few will do both.

Right now iRacing has the best multiplayer by far and the best VR support i've seen. They really have a good system for multiplayer and competitions.

while we're at it, here's a rundown of which cars are fine from the initial pack you get:
Pontiac Solstice - useful, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
Legends Ford '34 Coupe - your initial oval car
NASCAR Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado circa 2013 - not used any more in official series
NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet Impala COT circa 2013 - not used anymore in official series
SCCA Spec Racer Ford - good fun, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
V8 Supercar Ford Falcon circa 2012 - not used anymore in official series
Indycar Dallara circa 2011 - not used anymore in official series
Mazda MX-5 Cup & Roadster circa 2015 - your initial road car
Street Stock - runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up" in ovals
Cadillac CTS-V Racecar - useful, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
NASCAR Nationwide Chevrolet Impala circa 2011 - not used anymore in offficial series
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup ? isn't that a series, not a car?
Dirt Street Stock - your initial car for dirttrack racing

so, putting them in groups, these are your initial rides to get you out of rookie:
Legends Ford '34 Coupe - your initial oval car
Mazda MX-5 Cup & Roadster circa 2015 - your initial road car
Dirt Street Stock - your initial car for dirttrack racing

these are helpful for the next step up after rookie:
Pontiac Solstice - useful, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
SCCA Spec Racer Ford - good fun, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
Cadillac CTS-V Racecar - useful, runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up"
Street Stock - runs in a series which counts towards "levelling up" in ovals

and these are fun, but basically not used anymore:
NASCAR Truck Series Chevrolet Silverado circa 2013 - not used any more in official series
NASCAR Sprint Cup Chevrolet Impala COT circa 2013 - not used anymore in official series
V8 Supercar Ford Falcon circa 2012 - not used anymore in official series
Indycar Dallara circa 2011 - not used anymore in official series
NASCAR Nationwide Chevrolet Impala circa 2011 - not used anymore in offficial series

Probably. I don't drive GT3 so I don't know personally. And its really not a huge difference between cars. If you don't drive that much you will be better set to stay in the same car.

there are dozens of private leagues, so you will probably find one where players stick to one car a season. I have done seasons with one car only (currently doing one with the ford gt3, my all time favourite) and other seasons where i rotated the four cars i own on a regular basis, which was fun as well, trying to fit the car to the track. One real problem is how different the cars really are, it is very difficult to tell which one will suit you best, because (if I understand this correctly) one can only test-drive cars for free in the four hours during which iRacing goes offline to deliver/install the new build in the middle of week 13, i.e. 6 weeks from now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back