DiRT Rally If Codemasters released the DLC of the DR 2.0 tracks for DR 1.0 would you buy them?

Let me start by saying that in this thread we are not discussing whether DR 2.0 is better or worse than DR 1.0 (there are already other threads on the topic).
If the Dirt Rally 1.0 track works on Dirt Rally 2.0 (see Monte Carlo, Sweden, etc.) I think it's possible that DR 2.0 tracks can work on DR 1.0.
So I'd like to understand how many players like me would be interested in the new tracks.

If we're so many maybe Codemasters might even think about it.

• Deleted member 197115

The only thing DR 1.0 is better than DR 2.0 is proper analog handbrake support. Can't think of any other reason to play it.

I play DR1 few years now, and tried to play DR2.0. My pc couldn't handle that because of their new demanding engine, plus I think DR1 have much better physics and particle effects than D4 and DR2.0. So yeah, definitively would buy some season pass for DR1. I purchased Gaming laptop just for this game nearly 5 years ago, and I believe this game would be the same thing for me even after 10 years as Richard Burns Rally is for older sim racers. But stages like spain or australia would be demanding to play on older hardware because there's a lot of trees that are small and tiny, I seen this thing in D4 (still own it, get through carrer), and also in DR2.0, which I refunded.

I prefer DR1 to be honest, the graphics are better, some of the cars feel better, notably the front engined rwd stuff and the fwd stuff. For me those cars feel far better in 1

And it feels more gritty and more real, DR2 is too shiny, the graphics are too "I want a job somewhere else, look what I did here", and it gets int he way of game play at times, I get why but its just annoying and you feel that even they make the weather and sun another way to make the game difficult.

I loved DR1, played it for hours, and just preferred it in many ways.

DR2 has improved a few things, but the cars still feel floaty, the FFB is abysmal and the same stupid things remain, deliberately stupid stage finishes, awful weather and raindrops on screen, Ai at times alien fast for no reason.

Simply put in my opinion DR2 is great, but the devs decided to make it overly hard, and introduced a lot of silly things to make that happen, awful weather system, no brake lock up sound and loads of times when this can cause issues, thousands of hidden bumps, rapidly becoming the main reason you crash, just no need for it, the game is hard already, there is no need to make it even harder falsely, which is what i feel they have done.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%