Cars [IER Simulations - Payware] IER P13c Prototype

gBgmYsg.png

I6OWH5W.png

Update: AVAILABLE NOW!

Probably about time this one got its own thread.

The P13c is a prototype race car built around the 2013 LMP1 regulations. It weighs 900kg, produces 600HP, and reaches speeds of up to 200 mph while cornering at nearly 4G.

IER has been working on the P13 in varying capacity for nearly two years (and work had been done at an individual level for a number of years prior to that). The car will utilize a plethora of extended physics features courtesy of the AC Patch, and will push the boundaries of our current quality standards for visuals.
NaWcwoe.png

The car's features are simply too numerous to describe effectively in text, but you can look forward to the videos we've been putting together with the wonderful @Chris Haye for more information.

For a short summary, the car includes: full aeromap implementation (height, yaw, pitch, roll, steering, speed), extensively developed traction control with two settings (TC1 and TC2), 5 front bodywork configurations all represented in the physics/visuals, fuel maps, damper lookup tables, a brand new tire thermal model, and a new brake thermal model. These features are available for free via the patch - the P13 will simply be one of the first cars to use them in great capacity.

3D Visuals: @Stereo
2D Visuals: Jackson/@Stereo
Physics: Jackson
Driver Animations: @garyjpaterson
Sounds: @IMrIMike
Liveries: @Ryno917

67265909_2355014108083922_7981827434032922624_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Between this, the 458 GT3, Porsche GT America, Corvette DP, FLM09, and Kunos GT2 cars, we can have a pretty decent 2014 USSC grid. Sure, there are a few cars still missing, but it's not that big of a deal considering AC's limited grid size at most tracks anyway.

Last edited:
Do you also create the a LMP2 version?
Apologies for not responding to this - missed it in the hoards of notifications I was getting at the time. LMP2 version will not be done, but you can use engine maps/Kunos restrictor to limit power to be similar. The only other real differences between the P1 and P2 would be some suspension components (heavier/cheaper on P2) and the tires (much wider on the P1). Aero's different but it's more visually significant than practically significant.

In other news, happy to have secured @IMrIMike for the car's sounds and @Ryno917 for the liveries. Release looks to be set for next month.

Apologies for not responding to this - missed it in the hoards of notifications I was getting at the time. LMP2 version will not be done, but you can use engine maps/Kunos restrictor to limit power to be similar. The only other real differences between the P1 and P2 would be some suspension components (heavier/cheaper on P2) and the tires (much wider on the P1). Aero's different but it's more visually significant than practically significant.

In other news, happy to have secured @IMrIMike for the car's sounds and @Ryno917 for the liveries. Release looks to be set for next month.
Next 6 weeks will be glorious. Panoz LMP, Audi 90 GTO and now this? Goddamn this fall will be great!

What are the chances of some online races with this car when it comes out (and/or other IERmobiles)? I've been smashed up by the AC AI enough lately, it'd be nice to be run off track by some humans for a change!

Weird, I didn't get notified that I was tagged in this post! :p

Looking forward to slapping some paint on this one :)

Busy doing things that if you do them right, noone will know you did anything at all. Which doesn't make for very compelling wip pictures.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%