Cars [IER Simulations - Payware] IER P13c Prototype

Loving the car. As someone who enjoys messing with different setups, I love the attention to detail with all the different setup options available, especially compared to the base content. Congrats on a job well done. I was wondering though if there is a way to rebind the TC2 option from Ctrl+y to something on my wheel?

You can with Joy2Key as @Johnr777 said

I do think that rF2 is a bit sleeping on its great realism image, it is time to continue the run forward. Forward, not backwards, seems like we possibly miss data for what is forwards, and what is backwards :D

Is there data that can be applied for AC tire modeling, but not for rF2 tire modeling ?

Data is a bit of luxury anyway. Isn't it great to simply have plenty of parameters, features and flexibility in it so it is possible to craft a tire that can fit the needs in the first place ? If it is possible to gather up data, or extract it somehow is secondary IMO, the parameters logic is more important. But I don't do this stuff on the high profile, so I don't know how vital it is to keep on strictly on data for more professional physics crafting. In my mind replicating tires in empirical way can also be good, especially for older stuff, even though it won't have such solid and trusty foundation.

Don't know much about certain data use, but sounds strange if having some certain data is not helping for making a tire in rF2, there should be at least a way to convert it then, or is there something that rF2 tire does not simulate at all, which the existing data is for ?

There is few things about rF2 tire which I wish would improve, but generally a step backwards ? Come on...

But I don't do this stuff on the high profile, so I don't know how vital it is to keep on strictly on data for more professional physics crafting.
[...]

Don't know much about certain data use[...]
Then maybe refrain from talking about it...

The RF2 model requires the material data and exact construction of the tire. No one except people high-up within the ranks of tire manufacturers has access to that data, S397 included. Especially for the tires of a car based on LMP1/LMP2/GTE/GTLM regulations - Michelin doesn't even let the real teams take those tires back to their shops. No one knows, or is allowed to know, their material construction besides Michelin.

Furthermore, if you have force, slip angle, slip ratio, relaxation length, etc measurements from a real tire, they don't particularly help you in RF2. If your model doesn't match the data, then what? Arbitrarily guess which of the numerous material properties is wrong? Even if you do have the extensive information required for an RF2 model, you're still assuming its model correctly represents the real physical interaction between a tire and the road, which is a very hefty assumption to be making (tire manufacturers are constantly working to get their models to be representative - think of how obscenely unlikely it is for a small game studio to have bested them).

So, moving to RF2 would absolutely be a step rearwards in terms of accuracy, and that's just in regard to the tires. The Patch's aero model is more advanced than RF2's, so are its brakes, so is its traction control, so is its suspension, so are its graphics. Feel free to disagree with that sentiment, but bear in mind that you'd be going against the viewpoint of people (not just myself) with much more experience.

To all, please no more posting about it in this thread - it's not the place.

Back on topic, screenshot from @kelnor34:
TIzbg9E.png

If I may ask, what does the dwrite.dll file do? I'm asking because I forgot to copy it on my first install and the car wouldn't load but worked fine after copying it.

If I may ask, what does the dwrite.dll file do? I'm asking because I forgot to copy it on my first install and the car wouldn't load but worked fine after copying it.
It's a current version of the Custom Shaders Patch, anything CSP does is either that program itself, or scripts it loads out of the extension folder. (in this case current meaning more recent than the public one CM autoloads, at some point it will only be necessary for people without updated CSP)

It uses that filename because of how Windows loads dlls.

Last edited:
did a 90 minutes multi-class race at Silverstone yesterday evening. It simply was an amazing offline experience.
One thing I've noticed were the missing braking lights on the P13c opponents...or I was just too focused on driving to notice them;)
One question I have regarding the tires on the setup-screen...which of them are the softer ones? The ones with the lower numbers?

did a 90 minutes multi-class race at Silverstone yesterday evening. It simply was an amazing offline experience.
One thing I've noticed were the missing braking lights on the P13c opponents...or I was just too focused on driving to notice them;)
One question I have regarding the tires on the setup-screen...which of them are the softer ones? The ones with the lower numbers?
Must have been too focused on driving!

And yep, softest to hardest - the manual details them a bit further.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%