Cars [IER Simulations] Ferrari 458 GT3

gBgmYsg.png

7kbDB7B.png

We've only just announced the car officially on our Facebook page, but I've posted progress in the "What Are You Working On?" thread over the past week or so.

@Stereo suggested the idea that competitors for our Porsche GT America would be relatively feasible with the AC Patch's "model replacement" feature. The two options were the Z4 GTD or the 458 GTD. Having worked on a 458 Challenge in the past, I ultimately decided that the GT3/GTD variant would be a good project to do my first bit of scratch 3D modeling. The BMW would have been the simpler task as far as graphics were concerned, but I had no data.

8Jp4h1g.png

Physics: Jackson
Sounds: @IMrIMike
Liveries: TBD
___________________________​

I went back and forth over making this an IER release, but I've surprised myself with my improvement in 3D modeling, so it mostly meets our quality standards. Release date is very much up in the air - visuals won't take much longer, but I'd like to have the car be more physically accurate before its release.

A bit more about "model replacement"​
Using the Kunos 458 GT2 as a base, most of the exterior bodywork and appendages will be (and have already been) swapped with scratch made pieces built to resemble the car's GT3 specification. This allows us to produce a car that's 70% of its real counterpart in far less time while still only including scratch-made content in the download. It works by cutting objects from the rendering tree of the original model and putting new ones in their place. @Stereo has recently released a wheel rim package using the feature.

I'll note that the proximity to RSS's GT3 announcement is entirely coincidental and that the car was started before the announcement was made.

Last edited:
so performance wise would be similar to the 911 GTA/GTD? it would be a great partner to the 911 indeed
Will release two variants. One will be the GT3 specification of the car (as pictured so far) and one will be a GTD-like specification (rear wing supports will likely stay the same as the GT3 car but it'll otherwise be GTD spec). 911 will probably receive an update whenever this gets released to ensure parity between them.

Will this be a paid mod?
From FB:
(...) In the meantime, Jackson's embarked on his first bit of 3D work to make a competitor for the GT America. Release will be free and utilize various features of the AC Patch (namely model replacement and extended physics). We're looking for an audio producer and more technical data for the Ferrari 458 GT3, as pictured. A GTD variant will be released to give the Porsche company.

Good stuff! I'm excited for this one even if only to make the beautiful Momo livery car from ca. 2016 I think it was?:

11280461_496484263838227_2114530909_n.jpg

Still think that specific livery+car combo is one of the prettiest of the modern era.

On that note; any chance we'll be able to paint the rear window?

As far as data goes, I don't have any first hand experience but I've heard the team that ran them in the PWC is fairly approachable; they're a Canadian outfit out of Toronto. The name escapes me right now, unfortunately.

I should not bump such an old thread but i wanted to know, is that the 458 GT2 body with modifications? Or am i misunderstanding what's happening? I'm talking about this from a painting prespective

Honestly this is my favourite racing car of all time and I’d be eternally grateful for even just an alpha release at this point.

Even if it was just a GT3 model replacement riding around on GT2 physics I’d still love it to death.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%