IE9 Final

I agree with Adam, but from a Web Developers point of view, IE9 is a vast improvement over the previous version, and the likes of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera will have to take notice of it. I'm glad micrsoft have more or less caught up, but its going to take a while for everyone to upgrade. Some people still have version 6 ffs...

I have no idea why IE is or has been behind Firefox and the other browsers, and I don't really care to be honest :). I haven't used IE for quite some time mostly due to the huge security issue that it has been over the years. There have been more exploits written to take advantage of holes in IE than there have been for all the rest of the browsers combined.

Is that not, at least in part down to the fact that MS is considered as the "enemy" and is therefore targeted whereas Firefox are the rebels and should be supported?

The current market share as of today is
IE 56.77%
Firefox 21.74%
Chrome 10.93%
All the rest

Pretty sad really that Firefox can still only manage 21.74% even taking into account that people have been FORCED to choose a browser for over a year now, seems people still CHOOSE IE over Firefox and Chrome. I think the gap between IE & Firefox would even wider were it not for Chrome taking 10.93%

This thread wasn't really intended as a browser war but just to let IE users know that it was available.

It is a shame really. IE would have been great, but MS decided to make it an integral part of the OS so that started the little wars. This also allowed others to get a hook into the OS through the browser where it was a lot more difficult before then. Part of the reason for the over abundance of IE users I am sure is that a lot of folks figure it is made by MS so must work better than all the rest. Little do they know....

2ciifb8.jpg

That pic says it all, really.

How are those figures obtained? Because everyone has to have used IE at some point (at least on a Windows machine) to download another browser. So surely IE's share is 100%?

To be honest it depends upon what you have on your machine when you get it. I've known several machines to already have Chrome on it when it is purchased so therefore you don't need to use IE. Also, even when building your own PC you install windows, and then you can install another browser without using IE if you already have the setup file.

I've not tried IE9 yet and probably won't for a while either.

I have Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari all installed on my PC. Out of all the Browsers, only IE allows me full control over my Web experience. With IE I can micro-manage all the sites I visit and set a standard level of security, without having to download third-party software - as is the case with other Browsers. I can even choose to remove certain portions of websites and completely disable Ads altogether without affecting the site. IE really is a nice Browser, once you delve right into the meat of it.

I have, to be honest, never had a bad experience with IE. Even when deleting Cookies it clears the Browser cache as well, something Firefox and Safari don't do. You have shut-down FF to clear its cache and Safari is just crap, in my opinion. Chrome is getting better but unless I can manage what goes on in the background, I can't fully take Google's word for it. IE also tracks Cookies independantly and will stop them from downloading all together if it finds that the 'Cookie' is used on multiple sites.

I recommend IE, personaly.

IE9 is kinda good, actually, although I hate how they joined up the search and address bar. The newer versions of Firefox suck (hello memory leaks). Chrome is sort of a joke (no ICC support, etc.).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back