ideas for new server project ...

Hello everyone,

I think for a while to host a server Assetto Corsa and I touch the goal.

I see as you all a lot of empty server ...

I want this server is different from what is proposed and that's why I want to know what you want to find (circuits, car, community, associated website, competitions ??? etc ...)

Thank you for your return!

Good luck, Kanarax .... the idea is fine but I already suspect it will not work.
There are so many different combos asked but mostly always the same servers with same type of contents really working with a lot of drivers.

There are a lot of servers, but take out all league servers .... and the choice will be much more limited, and it's usually the case for .... most sims for a long time.

Good luck, I've tried everything, people just don't want to engage with server admin. They mostly just sort the list by population and join the highest GT3. Unless you are hosting GT cars with no minorating you will probably struggle without some regulars to get the server populated.

I much prefer multicar to single make and have tried many combo's that I consider interesting but without much luck when using A or AB only grades.

I guess most people like single make or GT3 as SRS and RD seem popular and that is pretty much all they offer.

I guess most people like single make or GT3 as SRS and RD seem popular and that is pretty much all they offer.
Same sad truth for us btw. Everytime we try something it's 80/20 probability that we won't have more than a handful of signups. Sometimes it gets a hype and we get full grids but mostly it's "stay boring without being too boring" to get enjoyable grid sizes...

Whenever I browse for interesting public servers, they never seem to be hosted in Europe... so annoying.

Need more GT4 servers ( including the Ginetta ). The problem is getting a critical mass of people to form a race in the first place, as Rasmus said - been the same with the people I host for, they went for GT3 for a league series in the end despite having fun with all the wierd stuff I'd put up for testing.

One thing I did set up as a trial using KMR was to have a rotation of single event races with a completely different theme for each, like the 60s prototypes at old Monza, then TCR cars at Nords enduro cup, then IMSA Riverside, then something silly like the Abarth 595s at Brands Indy. KMR will let you run one & rotate the track to the next combo straight away automatically... could be good fun if you can get round the general resistance to trying new things.

The SRS servers are usually full so there obviously is a market for something different to base game GT2/3 at Spa/Monza or endless wrecking at TF. The americas & the far east seem to agree, given they also tend to have more choice of server.

I already tried 3 or 4 times 2 servers with different less usual contents Track - Car with Minorating and Stracker .... and even with a welcome message ( which nobody reads ! ..... as usually nowadays :D ... sry but that's mostly the cruel truth ) .... proposing suggestions, ideas etc ....

After 3 tries, ...I gave up .... time loss .... a pity ? ...I know but that's what mostly happens.

Too many little servers, too many leagues, too many private servers ..... the choice is always +- the same, except for league championships where less usual cars or tracks are used .... but private ones as it's the only possibility for a league to survive paying the cost of a remote server.

Thank you for your support :cry:

First of all this server will be European because hosted directly from my Parisian apartment. I do not want to delegate the administration but simply take the opinions of everyone to be able to drive.

I have seen that servers proposing a single type of car with a circuit rotation seems to attract the world. (very often private server)
Same for nürburgring touristenfahrten 24/24 7/7
But it can quickly become boring too ...

Regarding Minorating I think I accept ABCDN is everyone at first so that those who are descended too low have the chance to go back. The car breakers will be kicked manually.

I suspected a little of your answers and I remain convinced that the strength of a server is the usual

I am still waiting for your good ideas and I will communicate the name of the server.

Thank you ! :):):)

As a first suggestion:

The SRS races using the Seat Leon TCR car at Brands were so subscribed I saw four servers running the same race in parallel at one point; A server running that and some of the best free download mod tracks ( and one or two base ones ) might be a good starting experiment. You avoid all the complaints about paid DLC - personally I hate those, I've bought them all to support Kunos even if I'll never drive the F1 cars - and apparently quite a few people already have the free mods anyway. Plus the car is easy to drive, and touring cars are awesome fun almost immediately.

Alternatives would be the GT4 kunos cars, and the Ginetta; they all seem to be stronger on different types of track, which I find kinda interesting for a league when you drive one car, but I guess people will just try and pick the strongest ones for the current track.

Next suggestion - I don't know how much upstream bandwidth you have, but I'm pretty sure increasing the update rate will help prevent springy collisions; can't do much about people's ping unfortunately, but the less distance between checks for overlapping collision meshes hopefully the less chance one will appear inside another between ticks. I've been running linux-based servers at 50hz with no apparent cpu or bandwidth issues, although I run them on a vps in a datacentre.

No experience with the server end of Minorating, I'm afraid - don't need it for a closed group. I use KMR mostly for the track rotation and the live stats; it's handy for warning about behaviour if the track is set up for it, but most mod tracks aren't. Don't use it if the track isn't a circuit though, TF confuses the hell out of it's anticheat...

Last edited:
Thank you for your support :cry:

First of all this server will be European because hosted directly from my Parisian apartment. I do not want to delegate the administration but simply take the opinions of everyone to be able to drive.

I have seen that servers proposing a single type of car with a circuit rotation seems to attract the world. (very often private server)
Same for nürburgring touristenfahrten 24/24 7/7
But it can quickly become boring too ...

Regarding Minorating I think I accept ABCDN is everyone at first so that those who are descended too low have the chance to go back. The car breakers will be kicked manually.

I suspected a little of your answers and I remain convinced that the strength of a server is the usual

I am still waiting for your good ideas and I will communicate the name of the server.

Thank you ! :):):)
Here are some of my favourite combo's that I don't see others hosting, not looking to join though, I try and stick to one community and definitely AB at worst. We tried ABC once a little while back and it was like WW3!

Abarth 500 AC & Mazda MX5 Cup - Touring Cars Lite. Requires BoP per track.

Toyota AE86 Tuned & BMW E30 M3 S1 - Track prepped road cars from the same era. Toyota needs approx. 50% restriction.

BMW 1M S3, Lotus Exige 240R S3 & Mazda RX7 Tuned - As above but not as balanced, BMW is a muscle car in this grid. RX7 and Exige need BoP.

Alfa 33 Stradale & Shelby Cobra - Same era unicorn racers for the road. Cobra needs restriction on most (especially faster) circuits.

BMW M235i & Audi TT Cup can be done but the Audi needs a few hundred Kg which will put a lot of people off.

Toyota AE86 & Mazda MX5 NA on SV tyres, hilarious at places like Brands Hatch Indy.

I used to love racing the Alfa GTA against the 718 RS60 but the Alfa is not very fun to drive since the live axle fix IMO.

GT40 & 908, at very high speed circuits you can add the 330 P4.

Ferrari 312T & Lotus 72D.

Ferrari 312/67 & Lotus 49.

I've been changing car track combos a few times a week pretty much since we got MP so I could drone on about combo's for a looong time :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Same sad truth for us btw. Everytime we try something it's 80/20 probability that we won't have more than a handful of signups. Sometimes it gets a hype and we get full grids but mostly it's "stay boring without being too boring" to get enjoyable grid sizes...
Yeah I know what you mean, for us it is normally a choice between interesting mod track with just 2 of us or vanilla content with just 2 of us and a very slim possibility of someone else joining :D

I do prefer when it is busy but I have had some fantastic races with just1 other guy as well.

Online racing plus ça change plus c’est pareil. Their is no magic bullet.
My favorite was the street fight servers from Gunja. A nice mix of street cars, with different performance ability, some with better speed, some with better handling.
Some time from the 90’s some time recent.
It worked for a while, but you need patience, a lot of it. After a while it was abandoned as the attendance was not there anymore but lasted a year or two still.
Maybe now is good time to start it again.
If you go with Minorating, go AB, ABDCN, alouette , makes zero sense.
KMR has also some very nice features.

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.
No worries for the network. the connection for hosting is in optical fiber with symmetrical flow.

I did not know KMR. It seems indeed more advanced than Minorating. I am going to work on a website in order to attract at first the French community that will have the best ping.

I continue to move forward. the server part works remains the website ....

have a good day !!!

KMR and Minorating are not quite the same ( I don't think there's a central KMR rating service for one? ). Anyone in Europe or at least the more western parts of it will have a ping low enough that it will be neglegible - I'm in the west end of the UK, my VPS is in Strasbourg & my ping times to it are very nearly the same as if I ping the end of my line. User's own line quality is what makes the difference there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back