Idea!!!

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Back in the days of the black mighty xbox, me and my friends used to run a weekly time trial on PGR2. The first track was picked and whoever was the fastest at the end of the week picked a car to run for the following week. And whoever finished last picked a track for the following week. We were doing this for years.

Do we have enough interest for such an event? Its all offline. And its all about trust. Default setup except:

Steering lock
Brake Bias

If you guys are interested I'll setup a table with laptimes. A deadline will exist to submit your times. We could run this for as long as you guys want. All are welcome.

Discuss :skywalker:

• Ariff Roose

It will be a RD server with RD password... You will have to be a club member to access it.

aw.. that means guys like me cant race inside it?!

T-T

haha. ive been willing to see how fast i can go against all of you....:drool:

do i have to get an online game to sign up to be a racing club member?

aw.. that means guys like me cant race inside it?!

T-T

haha. ive been willing to see how fast i can go against all of you....:drool:

do i have to get an online game to sign up to be a racing club member?

You should already have the online version. IF you installed the game as Offline then I think you will have to reinstall again but select online option which will install Steam software.

One question:

What will the winner of next weeks SNSC get to choose because the next week the person who came last will choose the next week? Doesnt really make sense. How about whoever comes first chooses the track and whoever comes last chooses the car?

One question:

What will the winner of next weeks SNSC get to choose because the next week the person who came last will choose the next week? Doesnt really make sense. How about whoever comes first chooses the track and whoever comes last chooses the car?

Whatever you guys want:) but it is really Abdul's game. Let him voice his opinion.

One question:

Winner will choose the car. The last will choose the track. Simple.

The last place finisher should be in certain limits, How about that 10% rule. The slowest time to be legal have to be within 10% of the fastest. It gives a lot of room but disables the tactic that you start at the beginning of the qualy and park your car off the track..and leave it there until the end you drive across the finish line. Right at the moment the slowest legal time would be 2:15:329.

• Ariff Roose

One question:

You should already have the online version. IF you installed the game as Offline then I think you will have to reinstall again but select online option which will install Steam software.

but im going to have to order mine from steam. and which is in two weeks. So um. is this online or offline?

OnLine. You can activate your game in steam. The activation key is in the back of the manual that came with the game. You can download steam directly from this link: http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi It's free :)

Then you can activate your game in Steam and files you need are downloaded it automatically. Or Install from the dvd, i think you can just install over offline as they are separate installs . I did that anyway and there's two entries in add/remove program list, offline and online.

• Ariff Roose

but my dvd doesnt have an online version. I didnt realise that the disc is supposed to have steam apps in it. ahh.. just my luck huh?:dance2:

Its been 2 days since I visited. Well I get to view whats going on in RD using my Ipod Touch, but just dont have the time to post. Hardly had enough sleep lol.

One question:

Ross it can work vice versa aswell. But to initiate this fun game I choose the fastest for this week to pick the car for next and the one who set the slowest time to pick the track for next week. As it stands Mr Haba will tell us the car for next week and Mr Deeley will give us the track to race the car on next week. The deadline is Sunday. So please the ones to give us the car and track should do so by Monday, and the hunt continues.

Whatever you guys want:) but it is really Abdul's game. Let him voice his opinion.

Eric, its my Idea but I honestly would like the community to be the ones who have the say. Its upto them and in return I'll be very happy if this really becomes a weekly event without strings attached. Guys its you who will decide what you want. Eric will rubber stamp it :laugh2:.

Winner will choose the car. The last will choose the track. Simple.

The last place finisher should be in certain limits, How about that 10% rule. The slowest time to be legal have to be within 10% of the fastest. It gives a lot of room but disables the tactic that you start at the beginning of the qualy and park your car off the track..and leave it there until the end you drive across the finish line. Right at the moment the slowest legal time would be 2:15:329.

Kennett imho if someone parks his/her car just to be last so they can pick a track then its no fun to them :rotfl:.

I hope you all enjoy setting times. I need to go figure out how I can be 2 seconds faster. I thought Keith's time was it but lo n behold Haba made sure I know now thats it. lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back