Idea: Setup Packs

Downloading setups one by one is time consuming. What if someone were to package together all of the setups for each car into an RAR file that could be extracted into your directory, so that they filtered into the correct folders? Each of the setups would be appropriately named so that in game you had an idea what it was for. Name it something like Nurb_GP_HOT_creatorname. I think we can assume that if someone is posting a setup, they are okay with it being distributed. (mod-edit: actually no you can't assume that)

There could also be a weekly RAR that had the "best" setups of the week on it.

Thoughts?

Not knowing anything about setups is a choice.

Of course it is a choice, but for some of us the choice is between spending time learning about setting up each car for each track and race type and then testing to see how it behaves, or spending some of our spare time with our family ;)

I agree that it is good to know the basics of car setup to understand how they behave and be able to tune them for your individual driving style, but it would take a significant amount of time to tweak each car, track, and race combination in AC, so having a good suggested setup pack for each car and track combination would be really useful :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%