Idea for a new feature (Blogs)

Hey RD staff!

Having been part of a bunch of different gaming communities, I've seen a few cool features that I thought would be cool to have on this site. I'm specifically talking about a blog section ala teamliquid.net.
There are some really good writers over there who just post for fun about (mostly) Starcraft related accomplishments and stories. I think it'd be cool to have something like that for sim racing and motorsport around here.

Now I'm not sure whether this would hit off here or not and being a terrible writer myself, I can't really contribute anyway, but I would enjoy reading stuff like that.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Tobias

We used to have blogs with our old software and not many members used it. Those that did got demotivated by the low amount of views their blogs got (its hard to give them exposure).

However everybody can write a blog in a forum that suits the topic. Heck, if the content is awesome we will even promote it to the frontpage for maximum exposure.

:thumbsup:

I see. Well in TL it worked quite well, but I think the community is quite a bit more substantial (for better or worse) than RD, and off-topic discussion is quite heavily moderated, which is why the blog section exists there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%