ICYMI | RaceDepartment Podcast - Catch Up on Season One

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
January - a time when news takes a break, the holiday decorations are down and the slow grind back to work begins... If you need some entertainment during the dark days and nights, why not catch up on the 1st season of the RaceDepartment Podcast?

During 2019 a new initiative by our very own Paul Glover would see the light of day - a very first Podcast series about the worlds of real and virtual motorsport. Releasing every two weeks for a few months in 2019, the podcast team have used last year as a learning experience as we look to build on our skills and experiences to make 2020 even better. With this being the first time we've tried podcasting here at RD, expect a few hiccups along the way, although we hope it was still entertaining and occasionally informative too!

Last year we managed a total of 18 'regular' season episodes, and a few special editions and guest speakers thrown in for good measure.... we've learn't plenty last year, and for the new season we hope to make it even bigger and better than ever before.

Run time isn't something we've been particularly good at (we've usually got a lot to say), so expect some long episodes and occasional high jinks during the series... something I suspect will be the case once again, so get yourself comfortable before starting to listen...

If you missed any episodes first time around, do pop back in and have a listen - we would love to hear your feedback, and of course leaving a review for others who are yet to download an episode is always welcomed!

For ease of reference, you can find our archive library at any of the following locations:

Do you have any special requests for future episodes? Do you want to share your thoughts, comments and feedback on what direction the show could take going forward? Please do let us know in the comments section, and at the RD Podcast sub forum location.

Sim racing is awesome folks, here's to 2020 being even better !

RD Podcast ICYMI.jpg

I loved the first season! The length of the episodes doesn’t bother me, the longer the better I’d say.
RD are probably in the best position to create a sim racing podcast that will last, all the others I have listened to seem to die off. They start off strong then fizzle our probably due to the host struggling to get guests on or find news to talk about.
I’d say just do them whenever you have topics to talk about or a guest to interview instead of trying to keep a schedule.

anyway keep up the good work! Makes my day fly at work!

Hi Paul, I really enjoy the podcast very much. Over Christmas I had enough time to listen to the older Podcast stuff, cuz I am a Newbie in this forum.
Its great to listen to it in the car or in the gym when I have enough from Ozzy and Mötley Crüe. :)
There is not much to improve for your show. Maybe to much talking about Leclerk (Why not Vettel)..haha
Hope to see you guys at the SimRacing Expo in September.
cheers & greets from a german listener

Hi Paul, I really enjoy the podcast very much. Over Christmas I had enough time to listen to the older Podcast stuff, cuz I am a Newbie in this forum.
Its great to listen to it in the car or in the gym when I have enough from Ozzy and Mötley Crüe. :)
There is not much to improve for your show. Maybe to much talking about Leclerk (Why not Vettel)..haha
Hope to see you guys at the SimRacing Expo in September.
cheers & greets from a german listener
I was also able to catch up on the family drive to visit grand parents. Loved the listen

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%