I want to make mods for PC games. Where to start?

I really want to learn mod development.

I want to make mods for PC games that support it; games like the TES games, Torchlight games, Mount&Blade games, the last two Jedi Knight games, Half-Life games, sim racing games like AC and GSC, and, very soon, Kingdom Come Deliverance.

I'm looking to install the UDK and CryEngine development kit. I also have a handful of some mod tools installed as well.

What programming languages should I start with in the future?

Right now, I'm learning how to use Access 2013 to create databases, so, it's giving me a general idea of programming. I want to finish that before I learn other programming languages like C++ and Python.

I'm not sure but I think that the CryEngine uses Lua scripts, so maybe could be interesting to you to learn the Lua language. And, I heard that Lua is a easy language to learn.

If you want the most people to see your work and are primarily a graphics modder, then Assetto Corsa. If you are more into the technical stuff of vehicle dynamics modelling, tyre behavior modelling, and more into stuff like that, then rFactor 2 (I am NOT implying that AC is just for graphics whores, so please don't go there).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back