I want a Vive soon for simracing only, no idea what I'm doing.

Is my room too small? Is there anywhere I can put the lighthouses/sensors? How many do I need for seated gameplay?
Here's a few photos of my room. One double socket by the PC.

http://imgur.com/a/KXkZQ

EDIT: Bought a rift. Unfortunately I bought it before the colossal price drop. lol.

Last edited:
You only need one sensor to track for seated gameplay, anywhere is ok, as long as the sensor keeps still and can see your headset. Sensor needs a powersocket and headset too, so should be good.

You can pretty much find any answer to your questions here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Get a rift. Better compatibility with most titles.

Also.. cheaper and easier to set up!

Yes I agree. I have both the Rift and Vive and find the Rift to be slightly better for seated games. (Clearer, lighter and better performance)

If you wear glasses tho, the Vive tends to have more "room" for them. On the other hand, I have heard that mild glasses users find they can use the Rift without their glasses (the rift seems to focus the image), but not so with the Vive. You can also get prescription inserts for both HMDs. (Head Mounted Displays)

Upvote 0
The rift has just taken a huge price drop! 399.99 in the UK, including touch Controllers. Altogether mine has cost me about 750 and I wouldn't swap it for anything. I can only imagine how happy I could be if I could get it for 400!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 206 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years