I want a good step by step FFB setup guide

After some software changes seem to have thrown my FFB settings out of whack, I want to start from basics and a blank sheet and redo them properly. I remember using a step by step guide a couple of years ago, which of course I now can't find, so if someone has a link to a good step by step guide I would be grateful for the info.

I don't like the on wheel adjustment method as I find it very uinintuitive and think it is stupid that you pay for an expensive wheel but have to resort to a pen and paper to record each setting, and I know this made the process a lot more complicated last time, which is why I needed the step by step version to structure it properly. I tried using the Fanalabs program, but that is what seems to have given me the problem, in additions to not supporting my hardware

Not sure whether it helps for this but the hardware I am using is all Fanatec, and is the CSL Elite Base, CSL Elite wheel, Clubsport Formula wheel and the V3 pedals.

The games I'm using are
Automobilista
Automobilista 2
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione

Thanks

Les

Yes, but they tend to be recommended settings rather that a step by step guide; I have the Fanatec recommended settings as a baseline I can use, but what is lacking is a good logical progression 'this is why we increase/decrease this value' or 'if you have this phenomena reduce / increase this'

Those setups are OK to start, but if I have an issue, I would rather know why it is happening so that I can correct it with the specific parameter, rather than just try things at random. Some people are really good at intuitively setting up things like this, I really do need a structured bit by bit approach otherwise I get lost in the settings.

I also note in the Fanatec guides that in Assetto Corsa, the SPR parameter apparently has no effect, and in Automobilista SPR and DPR have no effect, why would this be?

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
I get what you are saying and feel your pain.
I think though, unless it's from Fanatec themselves then it's all a little subjective.
For instance I saw a youtube where a dude (fanatec someone.. tester maybe?) suggests running in game FF at around 70% and then keep the Wheel base at 100, also changing the Drift mode to -1 or -2 where as others say it should be off.

It is all very confusing but what makes it more so is that aside from driving cars on the road (and some are fast.. but not ACC fast haha) I have no real experience of what I am looking for with regards to feedback.
I know if my pedals feel ok because I can relate them to my car's pedals but I don't know if race pedals feel like this.

I find having a proper practice, skidding around in my chosen game seeing what the wheels does when I drift, when I'm hitting corners well, when I'm over cooking it...

Upvote 0
Right, that's what I mean

There must be a process that you follow where you start with everything at zero, then increase settings in a progressive and logical manner in an order - you are not telling me that someone says 'right, we'll set x at 10, y at 40 and z at 25' and go from there'

It's maybe not everyone's thing, but as I used to build a lot of my own stuff until I started buying the fanatec gear, i understood my hardware and what my modifications did, so I was able to tune it in a more targeted way. The knowledge has been taken out of my hands by letting Fanatec do their thing, and they clearly know what is needed to make the FFB work, but we have to adjust the settings to suit us without that knowledge. A process that optimises that is what I need

Les

Upvote 0
I hear you, but its a system that's sold to cover many many different games with different FFB engines etc.
From my understanding which is very limited... some games work best with the wheel maxed and the in game setings adjusted, other games its vice versa.

But yes, a guide that actually came from the horses mouth would be awesome lol

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back