I think my seat is defective

Wife bought me a GT Omega RS6 Seat for christmas (this is my first sim rig)...but the shape bends very sharply around the neck area, thus making it uncomfortable...I've been tolerating it in small doses but finally decided tonight to determine if this is a defect or a design choice. The pics of the same seat on their website don't show such a severe angle, and I can see some slight sagging in the material where the bend happens, which leads me to believe this isn't the way it should be. Are there racing seats designed like this? If not, is there any way to bend this back to a "normal" shape?
IMG_0405.JPG

Official pic from website:
gt-omega-racing-rs6-seat-seat-sliders-a20098-700x700.jpg

I have sent them an email tonight (hopefully they'll respond sometime today), just trying to see if anyone had encountered anything like this before...

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm still talking to the company, but so far my only option is a replacement...problem is, I live in a remote area (Caribbean), so getting things replaced is costly and takes very long. Anyone with experience in these type of chairs know if this can be fixed? I tried using some force to push it back with no luck .I can feel a bar running horizontally at the back where the bend is located...any ideas how to straighten this thing out?

Upvote 0
You'd probably need to take it apart to find out what exactly is wrong. If it's bent that severely bending it back may break whatever's bent, at the very least it will severely weaken the chair.

Did you buy the seat directly from them or through a local distributor?

I'd say do what you can to get a replacement, you don't know what other damage was done.

I'd also get on the shipping company, they often have some sort of comeback on damaged goods, maybe they'll reduce the cost of shipping. Was there any damage to the box? That bend is pretty severe.

Upvote 0
well 2 bits of good news...

1) GT Omega offered to replace the chair without having to send the bent one back due to these extenuating circumstances, so props to them for the great customer support!

2) Decided this morning since I'm getting a replacement, what's the harm now in having at it...I opened it up first to inspect the frame and it's some pretty solid steel in there, so I laid it out flat and started jumping on it :D...and it's straight again!

Not sure if I did weaken the structure too much but it still feels pretty rock solid...don't know how I raced on that seat in the bent shape before, so comfortable now lol

Screenshot%202017-05-20%2008.18.03.png

Upvote 0
No. The upper part of the seat is bent forward. When you have the seat angled back like that, and the upper part is perpendicular to the floor like that. There is a slight bend to it, but yours is bent too far.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years