I think i fried my wheel

Okay so I was playing forza 7 with my Fanatec CSR then all of a sudden when i turn my wheel it feels clicky, likei vibrates when i turn the wheel but has a click feeling. Also when i turn the wheel on you, know when the wheel auto turns a couple of times back then to centre? it turns really slow when it does that usually it would be fast. Any ideas? Im thinking the motor is failing

Fried it? Tell me how it tastes. Sounds like to me you got angry and turned the wheel harder past the bump stop than it should be turned, I could be wrong though. Phone or email fanatec support I'm sure they can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
How did you break it? I have a CSR wheel and I would not want it to mysteriously and unexpectedly break just before Black Friday, forcing me to buy a new wheel.
idk exactly I was driving a car in free play in forza 7 for about 30 minutes, everything was fine ffb was good and everything then all of a sudden when i turned the wheel to go around a corner (on the silverstone track) then wheel started to feel really weird and unpleasant. It felt like it was vibrating while turning the wheel and felt like it was clicking when i turn the wheel. I only turned the wheel about 90 degree's left when it happened so i didn't push the steering lock past its lock point. then i got out of the game turned the wheel off and back on then instead of the wheel rotatng fast like its supposed to when you turn it on it turns really slow. i tried reinstalling drivers and reflashing the firmware but no luck. I also tried a different game still does it. It even does it when im in no game with no usb going to my pc from the wheel but with just the wheel turned on connected to the power supply.

I opened up the wheel and everything seems connected and nothing lose or anything the belt drive seems fine, pretty sure its the motor. I contacted Fanatec and because the wheel is kinda old they no longer support and and they told me its most likely the motor has become defective and my only option would be to buy a new wheel from them lol. So atm im currently looking for a new motor and if that doesn't work out I guess I'll need to get a new wheel. It had a good run.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back