I think I already know the answer but...

Keith Joyce

Stercus accidit
...is anyone running SCE with an Xbox 360 controller?

After extensive fiddling with the controller options I have come to the conclusion that this title is unplayable to any meaningful degree with this hardware. I think you'd need a 12" extension on the left analog stick to be able to tame the 'digital' steering. I was hard-pushed to get the little cart out of the pit lane!

So I won't be buying until either:
a) I pony up for a DF GT wheel :whistling:
b) SCE gets even cheaper ;)

I guess that means you lot won't have the pleasure of negotiating your way around this n00b for a while... :cool:

Obviously, only a decision you can make with your 'hard-earned' money. :) Used to play a lot and had fun with the controller until I decided to get my first wheel (DFGT, now G27), w/c I wished I would have done much earlier.

I play SCE and the beta with a X360 controller and I can run pretty decent laps. In fact, I won a multiplayer race against 9 other human drivers while using my controller. You just need to tinker with the settings until you find that sweet spot. If you want, I can send you my saved controller profile and you can try it. Its pretty sensitive though.

However, like Fabio stated, the karts are a different story. You cannot stop the oversteer, regardless of settings you adjust.

I play SCE and the beta with a X360 controller and I can run pretty decent laps. In fact, I won a multiplayer race against 9 other human drivers while using my controller. You just need to tinker with the settings until you find that sweet spot. If you want, I can send you my saved controller profile and you can try it. Its pretty sensitive though.

However, like Fabio stated, the karts are a different story. You cannot stop the oversteer, regardless of settings you adjust.

That would be great BoogerMac - I hate to give up on stuff!

When i bought Assetto Corsa i also bought a wheel.
It's quite a difference if you want to drive in arcade racers or if you want to drive in a sim.

Like in arcade racers you will not get a proper high detailed physics model,
in sims you only get semi decent gamepad support.

I don't think Karts work very well with a wheel either !

Feels terrible IMHO !

Karts have very different FFB from regular cars, and they do feel a bit weird with the smaller rotation and the way they bump along the ground. You can increase the smoothness in the realfeel to lessen that effect (I do that, otherwise my G27 rattles way too much).

In any case, even if you don't like the karts, we'll always have the Superkarts! It's impossible to not like them :)

Karts have very different FFB from regular cars, and they do feel a bit weird with the smaller rotation and the way they bump along the ground. You can increase the smoothness in the realfeel to lessen that effect (I do that, otherwise my G27 rattles way too much).

In any case, even if you don't like the karts, we'll always have the Superkarts! It's impossible to not like them :)

It's the Superkarts I don't like :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back