I take on Jimmy Broadbent, Chris Haye and Jardier in GT4's in Assetto Corsa Competizione

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Join us for the big race this evening at 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CEST, where we will take to the track in the upcoming GT4 DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione against sim racing influencers, Kunos developers, ACC beta testers and special guests.
  • Two races at Brands Hatch and Zolder.
  • Influencers, sim racers and Kunos developers racing together.
  • Live from 18:00 UTC on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel.
To celebrate the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 Pack DLC launching on Wednesday 15th July, Kunos Simulazioni have arranged a short two race guest event featuring a selection of sim racing personalities, pitching us against each other in a friendly (but still competitive!) competition on two of the more.... frustrating... tracks in ACC.

How to watch.
Thumbnail_GT4Livestream-01.jpg

The live stream will begin from 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CEST on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel - watch all the action from my woeful attempts to compete against fast drivers, whilst trying to talk to the audience and answer questions in a semi-meaningful fashion.

What time does it start and when will it finish?

The live stream should start around 18:00 UTC for the first 30 minute race at the Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit, followed immediately by a further 30 minute race at the Zolder Circuit. Each race will be proceed by a 20 minute practice session and 15 minute qualification. Rough running times suggest the stream will run from a little over two hours.

maccagt4.png

What will we see?

The idea of the stream is to show you the new GT4 cars under online race conditions in Assetto Corsa Competizione. As such, we will be trying out two of the cars across the two tracks in what should be a pretty large field, and we are also able to have a look at some of the new server options that accompany V1.5 of ACC - including the sweet new multiplayer filters!

Who is taking part?

The race will be a mix of Kunos Simulazioni developers the likes of Aris, Gergo and Davide, plus various influencers and personalities such as Jardier, Dookie Abgefahren, SimRacing604, Chris Haye, MrGit, Actrollvision, Jimmy Broadbent and more to be confirmed! We will also have Assetto Corsa Competizione beta testers (with names anonymised) and potentially some special guests.

Why should I watch?

Firstly its a great opportunity to see a wide selection of the new GT4 cars in their proper environment - racing! Also, it will be a fun opportunity to see how badly I do against other sim racing personalities, so any and all support you can throw my way will be greatly appreciated!!!

gt4_7.png

Looking forward to the race, and looking forward to sharing these awesome cars with you and my thoughts, opinions and experiences of what GT4 racing is like in Assetto Corsa Competizione. Also, from July 14th keep an eye out on the RaceDepartment YouTube channel where we will be reviewing the upcoming pack ahead of release, plus other interesting GT4 themed stuff...

Image credits: Kunos and various Sim Racing influencers..

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000