I need some GPU schooling, 3080 ti , still running at 100%

I somewhat recently bought a 10600k to replace my 7700k thinking i was going to hold out on my 1080Ti for a while longer, well i just couldn't help myself and grabbed a RTX 3080 last week. Well i see in some places that the 10600k cant keep up and im wondering if i should swap it out for a 11700k? Would i see any improvement getting that bit faster single core or would i be better going for faster RAM from my 300 c15? I have a z590 so can get the 11700k and not willing to now swap to 12th gen.
It depends.
I thought about getting the 11600k since the "upgrade" would only be 220€.
The issue with 11th gen is that it has some internal core to core latency as far as I've read about it.

So in some games you'll see a big improvement. In other games you'll get lower fps!

In acc the gain seems to be nice. For ac, rf2 etc: no idea.. There's no source of information.

Here's a good link to check acc performance:

It depends.
I thought about getting the 11600k since the "upgrade" would only be 220€.
The issue with 11th gen is that it has some internal core to core latency as far as I've read about it.

So in some games you'll see a big improvement. In other games you'll get lower fps!

In acc the gain seems to be nice. For ac, rf2 etc: no idea.. There's no source of information.

Here's a good link to check acc performance:
I remember seeing Gamers Nexus talk about why in some games the 11700k performed worse than 10700k and it was because it didn't hold boost frequency as long but if manually overclocking or clock for clock the 11th gen was faster. ive not heard about the core to core latency. Will look into it more. Thanks for the info.

I remember seeing Gamers Nexus talk about why in some games the 11700k performed worse than 10700k and it was because it didn't hold boost frequency as long but if manually overclocking or clock for clock the 11th gen was faster. ive not heard about the core to core latency. Will look into it more. Thanks for the info.
Yeah that might be an issue too.
I like that polish site because:
1. It works perfectly with Google translation to English!
2. It tests a good mix of games, and it's the only site that tests acc!
3. It tests all CPUs with really heavy OC!

So if you want to only have the core to core latency issue shown, look at the oc charts:

Cinebench 1 thread:
1344 vs 1604 = 19.3% better

ACC:
54.6 vs 61.2 fps = 12.1% better

And a quick example where it looks bad:
10:53 - rainbow six: siege

On Screen Display “LIM”, displays “power”. Occasionally also displays “voltage”, but that will go away, and it will only display LIM Power.
I'm late to the party, but there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about this one.
A graphics card has a voltage and power limit build in. So you don't pull extremely high current for the power supply and fry the car.
So every time you see LIM power or LIM voltage, it means you hit one of the those walls. It has nothing to do with the power supply.
In After Burner you can raise the voltage limit and power limit. This will pull more current from the PSU and allow the card to boost higher. But it will also run hotter. FPS increase is usually pretty minimal by doing this, but sometimes you'll have less dips.

To get the maxim out of the card you can overclock it, but some knowledge is required for this. Gains are 5-10% when you overclock.

If your card is pulling 100%, it's usually maxed out. 90fps on ACC with high settings and 1440p triples sounds quite OK for me with a 3080ti.
I currently run a 3070 with 1080p triples (almost half the pixels as you) and I'm only getting 75-85fps on high settings.

am running triple 1440p on rtx 3070 dlss on, most settings on high, 2 or 3 on médium and vegetals low. am between 60 and 70 fps. is that ok?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%