Resource icon

Save Game I need help with a racing flywheel 2019-11-17

Login or Register an account to download this content
If it's the flywheel's function, its a lighter flywheel than stock, decreasing engine mass and inertia, giving more tighter throttle response, quicker gear changes, etc. The engine will also vibrate more because of this but thats normal. Just remove the inspection cover, drive gear and clutch, replace the flywheel and put it all back together again. Easy peazy.

If it's the flywheel's function, its a lighter flywheel than stock, decreasing engine mass and inertia, giving more tighter throttle response, quicker gear changes, etc. The engine will also vibrate more because of this but thats normal. Just remove the inspection cover, drive gear and clutch, replace the flywheel and put it all back together again. Easy peazy.
I remember when there was no inspection cover and I gad pull the whole engine out, then pull the gearbox out, then I had to pull the drive gear off and then I had to pull the clutch out then I replaced the flywheel out and put everything back on it was really hard

You don't need to yank the entire trans out. Just unbolt the bolts holding the inspection cover (four top bolts) and remove the drive gear and clutch, replace the flywheel and put it back together.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%