I must admit it's starting to grate....

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off :mad::mad::mad:

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. I've had no real trouble like this myself. (Though I'll admit, not entirely happy with the handling in AC. Hoping modders can do something different)

What wheel are you using? What profiler settings and in game FFB settings are you using? Which cars are these problems occurring in?

Maybe irrelevant, but turning off centre spring helped eliminate these issues for me. I was also over correcting as a result which doesnt happen so much either. Controlling slides is now a dream. I feel very connected to the 312 and most cars now.

It is true that saving a slide is surprisingly difficult in a game that othervise is very good when it comes to car physics. Some cars are worse than others, I find that the 312T and Huyara are two of the best ones in this department, they react very well and seems more balanced in general as i think they respond more natural to your input to recover from slides.

However many of the other cars do not react as you would expect and not only slides unnaturally easy they also tend to snap violently - even at low speeds - so I don't think you are totally wrong in what you are saying. :)

I also agree with Paul that turning off centre spring helps. (on a G27 that is)

• Deleted member 151827

I found by putting my wheel to 900 degrees it helps with snap back, but once in a while i do agree the lazy slides are frustrating. I believe in Kunos 100% so i am not worrying that it will be fixed. :)

I find it easier to save a slide in AC than in most sims. Perhaps it's an input lag issue? Try reducing your graphics settings alot for 20 laps in practice mode (no AI,) and see if that helps.
It doesn't matter what mode I'm in or how many AI are on the track. Nor does it matter if I'm using my G27 or my clubsport wheel. If you get hit at the right speed our get your angle wrong you ended up in an uncontrollable slide that is only abated when you slam into the wall.

it depends on the car
not driven that many yet, only lower powered like lotus
but the exige scura handles like a dream
my favo so far
the 240R (or what's its name again) is so so
and the elise is a nightmare
although it helps to a certain extent to tweak the setup

I don't know if it's related at all, but I've found that since one of the earlier updates (might have been 0.5 or 0.6) that the Lotus 2-Eleven is virtually undrivable. The rear end is so weak on corner entry that you get a tank slapper on mid corner, then once you fight it enough to make it out the other side, then it understeers like a 5 carriage road train on corner exit.

I've tried just about everything to try and dial out the oversteer, but nothing works. It feels like its a differential related problem with the rear wheels.

When I see some videos of people attacking the kerbs its no wonder they spin or get penalized. Racing is done on the tarmac and occasional you can hug the kerbs of course but racing over them shouldn't be possible without severely damaging your car.

Not sure if thats the case here so a video would help.

and the elise is a nightmare
although it helps to a certain extent to tweak the setup

At race pace the Elise needs some healthy throttle blips on downshift, which I don't think you can get any way except having 3 pedals and doing it yourself. Spun it a lot of times in slow corners going from 3rd to 2nd until I got used to it, it's really easy to lock the rear tires.

When I see some videos of people attacking the kerbs its no wonder they spin or get penalized. Racing is done on the tarmac and occasional you can hug the kerbs of course but racing over them shouldn't be possible without severely damaging your car.

Not sure if thats the case here so a video would help.

Fully agree, some of the videos drivers are fully over the bumps on the inside of the kerbs, try this IRL and your race will be over pretty quick.

Not sure how far up or over the curbs the op is talking about, but for me it's not about hitting the curbs, in fact I try and stay completely off them as much as possible. It's the more or less unprovoked slides at low speeds that are unlogical, irreversible and makes the car snap back and you do a 180 no matter what.

Not sure how far up or over the curbs the op is talking about, but for me it's not about hitting the curbs, in fact I try and stay completely off them as much as possible. It's the more or less unprovoked slides at low speeds that are unlogical, irreversible and makes the car snap back and you do a 180 no matter what.
This is what I'm trying to say it seems to be a bug at lower speeds. It seems like your stuck on ice and just slide, hitting the brake rarely does much. also it happens a lot with the higher powered cars against the AI when they punt you from the rear.and almost every time you end up facing the wrong direction. I'm on holiday for a couple more days in central Oregon so I'll have to put a video together when I get home.

That lotus 240 was a dream!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing