I must admit it's starting to grate....

I mean my lack of ability to stop a slide or tank slapper and end up pointing the wrong way down the track, even when I only have 10 ltrs of fuel.
Surely the physics must be wrong somewhere along the way when going onto a kerb or astro strip at 20/30kmh sends you into a spin or slide and you cannot do anything about it, either power out or lifting off has absolutely no effect, you are just a passenger, then the pathetic penalty system kicks in giving multiple penalties for the same 'mistake' while you are trying to get back on the black stuff..

Don't get me wrong I love the game and have over 200hrs so far, but this simple (and basic) part is starting to really pi$$ me off :mad::mad::mad:

Yea, that car and that track is asking for trouble, I do have a complaint that brakes seem rather poor for that car which seems non-realistic given the race pedigree of that car. I think Mugello is more fun with the F40 because the turns are wider and longer and can you really drift a lot of those turns with practice.
The F40's brakes were a known weak point of the car, so I think it's probably quite accurate.

I've found that the key with the F40 (if you want to slide it) is to back it into the corner, wind the lock on and then keep the throttle steady to maintain the same level of boost. In other words, mid-drift, it works better to adjust your steering angle not throttle position as in N/A cars like the 458. Totally different driving style. It's really challenging but, when you manage a sideways lap of Silverstone, really rewarding. One of my favourite cars in AC I think. I'm using the 90s tyres btw, no assists of course. ;)

The F40's brakes were a known weak point of the car, so I think it's probably quite accurate.

I've found that the key with the F40 (if you want to slide it) is to back it into the corner, wind the lock on and then keep the throttle steady to maintain the same level of boost. In other words, mid-drift, it works better to adjust your steering angle not throttle position as in N/A cars like the 458. Totally different driving style. It's really challenging but, when you manage a sideways lap of Silverstone, really rewarding. One of my favourite cars in AC I think. I'm using the 90s tyres btw, no assists of course. ;)

Interesting, I've never read that the brakes were not great on the F40. I thought it was considered a bit of a handful to drive but overall a very balanced and quick track car. I'll have to do some research and check that out.

Don't know that balanced is a word I've seen associated with the F40 too often...It's light and agile (even in game corner entry, or turn in is amazing) but brake tech in mid 80's wasn't all that (at least the car is light though, and I'm sure far less prone to locking up in real life) and turbo lag was it's calling card.

It was and is truly a car that wants to kill the driver and manhandling it without dying is the ultimate drivers reward.

Don't know that balanced is a word I've seen associated with the F40 too often...It's light and agile (even in game corner entry, or turn in is amazing) but brake tech in mid 80's wasn't all that (at least the car is light though, and I'm sure far less prone to locking up in real life) and turbo lag was it's calling card.

It was and is truly a car that wants to kill the driver and manhandling it without dying is the ultimate drivers reward.

Sounds like the Porsche Carrera GT.

Interesting, I've never read that the brakes were not great on the F40. I thought it was considered a bit of a handful to drive but overall a very balanced and quick track car. I'll have to do some research and check that out.
See here. From what I've heard, it couldn't match the braking performance of some of its rivals at the time (let alone its modern counterparts).

Haha, exactly. That's why I love the thing so much, it can be frustrating but when you get it right there's nothing better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%