RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well , much dodgy soldering and micro switches replaced , then realised flappy was cracked. However after plenty of super glue , all seems well and working fine.
Looking forward to our first mini race in ........ what ever its called , where someone hopefully can explain all the controls to me as i cant make head nor tail of it tbh.

Damo :)

I tell ya, after driving GSCE a bit, the Touring cars are veeeery nice and much better at close racing than any of the Race07's. Physics, car design and setup all make for a much more realistic[IMO] driving experience than R07. Not saying the other classes are any different, but the Touring cars{WTCC style] are run very often.

Haven't driven the Mini yet, hehehe.

i miss the companionship, not the cars, there a much better races on AC as-well as Pcars. GSCE is great but why stick with older games if u can play the new
Much better graphics and better track quality (in AC, as they're laserscanned) - yes. Much better races? Now, that's up to the drivers, isn't it?

Compared to Stock Car Extreme (which I wouldn't count as an "old" game exactly, being released in 2013), neither AC nor pCARS offer the same amount of "completion" at the moment IMHO. AC is having multiplayer and AI issues, plus weather and day/night cycle are missing. In pCARS, so many (smallish) things are broken (crash physics, damage model, autopit, some sound effects, various settings auto-resetting), others are outright annoying (FFB setup) and the AI's just not fun - on one track, you'd destroy them, on the next one they have crazy grip through tight corners (Renault Clio Cup in Career Mode).
I hope (and kind of believe) those things will be fixed over time, but at the moment, I'm hopping into AC for hotlapping while I haven't touched pCARS in about a week as it just isn't that much fun in its current state. As for actual multiplayer racing, Race 07 & Stock Car Extreme it is.

:( I can't play the new with my 2009 based PC :coffee:
Hey Dennis, come on , im sure its time to step it up a bit. Its not that costly and i am sure u will experience the benefits of an upgrade, even while playing GSCE.
Anyway is good to know all friends are still around, maybe its time we arrange a get together on TS, Race07 and have a chat and some gossip. Ivan and myself seem to be the only ones that is on TS - Race07 every night, why don't u guys pop in and have a chat, lol maybe we are to old and boring.
See all of u around
Cheers

I uninstalled R07 pretty much when RD stopped hosting R07 events. But I do miss the events. I also miss the WTCC/STCC/GT cars. I was never a fan of the Minis or the open wheelers, but occasionally they were fun to drive. I only play GTR2 now. Only due to mods thou.

I might get GSCE in the future, but since it's based on the R07 engine (I think) it feels little strange to get a slight updated game so to speak.

There's both a 60 minute full trial & a lite version with 30 days to try available over here. Also, this free game by the same guys featuring some really nice touring cars which are now in the main game as well, providing insanely fun & close races over at the SCE club. I reckon these should be some good ways of finding out whether it's just a slightly updated game (spoiler: it's not ;))

What I've noticed about GSCE:
Setups are less important, sometimes less to chose from but never much needed for a good drive.
That said, you can sent setups, in game during the event!
More footwork needed but creates a great driving experience.
Huge difference in the number of shunts, as in fewer! Close driving, bumps happen, often without cars spinning off.
Great CLOSE racing!

The also ran's:
While track detail might not be AC or PCars, the detail and rendering of the opponent cars is much nicer than Race 07.
Modded tracks outnumber the mostly Brazilian courses!

:( I can't play the new with my 2009 based PC :coffee:

We seem to have same pace, on and off-track then ;) Probably going to get better hardware soon, then i may join the AC clubs. It all depends, i'm now in indie field, i play all day so interest in additional gaming is not great.. Uninstalled race07 two weeks ago, just couldn't bare to delete it all.. I even got the missing DLCs in the end :). Needed the HDD space so it had to go. But i'm working on one game concept that uses wheel and pedals so at least those are now screwed in place.

We all miss mini fridays. Even thou i always felt it would've been better with 2 x 40min races ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%