i love this game !!!!

Group c and BTCC's been a lotta fun lately for me, I also rediscovered recently how awesome the MX5 is in this game, the supercharged version rocks.

Also was late to pick up T5's by URD, awesome awesome set of cars especially with DTM 13' skins.

Just discovered the Spark F3, and am kicking myself for not finding it months ago. I like lower speed open wheelers that my brain can keep up with, but that bloody Skip Barber is just so brutally unforgiving to drive that I ended up rage quitting 90% of the time. The Spark is a joy to drive by comparison, doesn't put you in the grass with the slightest misthrottle, and I've spent hours and hours rediscovering tracks with it.

Reactions: hex
Try the Megane at Portugal or the Nords. Me and @Bez are having a little battle on Nords and just pming or emailing lap times if you want to join in.
Yeh that sounds like fun. What car are you driving at nords? Only just drove the meganes this week for the first time. They are nice. Never driven Portugal yet! So many cars, so many tracks, not enough time!

Last edited:
Not driven the group c, mx5, sparks, t5 or the skips yet. Only had the game since sept. I read the t5 are showing their age now? Are they still nice to drive?

Well Im no DTM expert, but they feel very close to recerooms official DTM's but with rf2 added features, no CPM yet though, there is a demo I think, with 1 car,give it a whirl.

Clio Cup at Oregon Raceway Park, rolling start or formation lap. BTCC cars would be a good alternate.

Yeah, Clio Cup cars are slow in a world of fast cars, but they're well-matched to Oregon Raceway Park until you learn it and the AI experience on ORP is one of the most interesting.

I'm still in test mode tweaks here an there but I get it now the hype is real :)
Am I setup correctly ?

Current settings for DFGT
FFB, car mult = 1.00
smooth = 8
minimum torque = 0.0

Old GPU Nvida 9800GT - fps around 30/40's but no lag or jaggies
All medium
shadows reflections ect = off
AF = X4
AA=Level 2
Sync = none

I'm still in test mode tweaks here an there but I get it now the hype is real :)
Am I setup correctly ?

Current settings for DFGT
FFB, car mult = 1.00
smooth = 8
minimum torque = 0.0

Old GPU Nvida 9800GT - fps around 30/40's but no lag or jaggies
All medium
shadows reflections ect = off
AF = X4
AA=Level 2
Sync = none

I don't know anything about that specific wheel but I would recommend you run an app called WheelCheck (search for 'wheelcheck.exe' in google and there is a link to the rf2 ISI forums called Guide: Optimal FFB settings for rFactor 2 - The key to being in the "Zone" which has 2 links to the app)... Not sure if I'm allowed to link to external forums but anyway, with your wheel plugged in, run wheelcheck, and in the second dropdown labelled Spring Force, select Min Force
and don't touch the wheel.. a couple of seconds later you will see a %number at the bottom of the window. Remember the number. That's it, you can close wheelcheck. I personally run it 2 or 3 times then take the lowest number you got, and set your Min Torque in rF2 to that number. Do not set it higher than the lowest number you get. Then in rF2 you should be all set to go. It's then a case of adjusting that Smoothing one down to as low as you personally like. The lower it is the more detailed, but more violent, it will feel. And the higher, obviously the opposite. The thread mentioned is worth a read but to save the read, you will get to somewhere near decent just doing the wheelcheck thing and lowering the smoothing until you are happy with the detail/violence of the ffb. At least, that's what works for me :)

DFGT settings.
FFB min torque 8 per cent
FFB smoothing 0
Sensitivity on BRAKE,Steer and throttle to 100percent

Logi propfile
100 per cent strength

Disable center spring

I keep car specific at 1.0, with these setting clippign pretty much elimited , and get all detail, some times i increase Car specific FFB, to 1.5 odd for some mods and older cars but do lose a little detail.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin
this a pedal plugin should have FFB scale if going into red thats clipping.

Just copied pasted a steam reply for same ting Paul.

Hash - I think since the Logitech wheels can't keep up with rF2's feedback rate, your FFB smoothing should be in the 8-12 range?

Really, ill give it a try, but from what I remember from testing, smoothing simply dulled what came through, from what I read and thought understood was only reason to use was to decrease rattling noise which isnt a issue for me, there's a awesome graph on here
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D
That recommends 0 if can,
Graph under update and edits.

Now I have a few hours on rF2 i'll give my 2 pennys review.

So glad I finely got this on the PC, for me it's a keeper there are so many things in the sim that makes it shine but still a few that could be polished. As we know it's very much mod reliant so I would like to see all the content at the same spec, such as dashbord interiors. The physics I can't fault ,cars drive as they should on the road like getting off the start line without a tail spin. Graphics not a major issue for me i don't as yet have a super GTX card anyway. No added mods yet but having a blast with the tintops an the retro race tubes are cool on the classic tracks.
So thats it for now not going pitch anything against other sims as they all have their qualities.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back