GT5 I just pre-ordered my standard GT5..

Didn't want to pay something like €30-40 extra for a special version..

1 X Gran Turismo 5 - Playstation 3 Nog niet verzonden €52,95
1 X Korting Addiscount met coupon xxxx €-5,29
Totaal € 47,66

Hope to get it here on the 3rd of November but we'll see. i wonder whether some people here will buy a collectors edition?

I think I might go with the pack inbetween the standard and signature collectors edition. It's £59.99 and has a 200 page strategy guide as well as the usual bonus cars. Haven't quite made my mind up, may just buy the standard version.

I ordered my signature edition about 2 weeks ago from gameplay.co.uk. Each to their own, of course, but I have started to collect many Gran Turismo themed items since my GT Academy day, I have an alarm clock, Cap, Car fresheners, key fob and other bits and bobs. The signature edition is just so I can keep my collection going :D

Chris

I had it on preorder from June, but right before F1 2010 came out. I cancelled the PS3 preorder of F1 2010 and transfered the money to GT5. Then purchased F1 2010 off Steam for $35. I'm so glad with the bugs and mods for PC.

I'm waiting for a bundle. Or better still scan through my local Craigslist and buy a (slim) PS3 and on the day the game is release, go to the midnight launch and get myself a copy. If I can afford the CE, I will. Other than iRacing which I occasionally play (when I can afford the subscription), GT is the only console game I play. Last year I had to sell my PS3 but I did spend almost 2 years with GT5 Prologue.

I like such books about automotive industry and about the game :). Also the extra cars and XMB-theme aint bad.
Did you know you got a 300 page book with NASCAR 3? That was also a gimmick I really loved, just like the 150-200 page book you got with Sports car GT. Especially all the tuning tips of both books (Nascar3 and SCGT) have helped me later with GTL, GTR2, GTR Evo, Race Pro, LFS etc :).

It sounds like the making sure GT5 ran on firmware 3.50 and actually required users to update to 3.50 as part of Sony's fight against the pirates was the delay. I'm hoping it will be before Christmas, if its not I'm sure Sony will be kicking themselves if they miss this crucial holiday period. I think it might only be a few weeks delay and we'll see it either late Nov or early Dec.

People are always going to try, its a shame that the hackers activities have meant Sony has puleld the 'Other O/S' support from the PS3. It may only have affected a small number of users but it was a feature that small number used. The PS3 has held up pretty well so far, much better than the 360 fared. It will likely happen at some point, perhaps when Sony is making a better profit on the hardware and feel their attachment rates are sufficient enough to not waste so much time and money with this perpetual fight.

Hey all, just ordered the standard edition from play.com with the exclusive stealth model car pack not exactly sure what this is but sure sounds good ;) for £37.99 hopefully see some of you on track.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000