I have no idea how to mod this game, and I screwed it up

Hello all!

My name is idiot aka Juan, and I recently acquired AMS because I thought that AC was heading in the wrong direction as a more console oriented game and wanted to try something new. I booted it up, played it, and loved it....only that I found it to be lacking. Thus immediately, I went to RD and began trying to add cars to the game. My first successful attempt was to put the C7R in the game, which compared to AC, was a real pain in the ass but I made it happen. Now, I've tried to be more expansive with GT cars using the EGT(??) mod and have officially wrecked the game.

The game is, imo, really annoying to mod but only because I don't have an idea how to actually do it well and I have no idea how to restore the game back so it will load. I've consulted tutorials, but either they totally suck or their English (sorry) totally sucks to where it renders them useless and more frustrating to me.

In short, can someone

1.) Help me restore the game to where it loads
2.) Explain to me like I'm 5, how to mod this correctly so I don't screw it up again

1 - Verify your game in Steam - Right-click on Automobilista in your game library. Select properties. Go to the 'local files' tab and select 'verify integrity of game files'. If you have modified or deleted any original game files this will restore them.

As for 2, which mods specifically?

@juansuarez5

Verifying Steam game ------->

verifygcf2.gif

1 - Verify your game in Steam - Right-click on Automobilista in your game library. Select properties. Go to the 'local files' tab and select 'verify integrity of game files'. If you have modified or deleted any original game files this will restore them.

As for 2, which mods specifically?

1.) So thankfully between what you have said and the gentleman below you has displayed, I can now happily undo my shunt rather easily. Such a huge help already!

2.) If I said all of them, what would you say?! (lol jk...sort of) I got the C7R mod but by furious trial and error to where I am not confident that I can repeat again. Now, the mod in question is the EEC and the BMW M6 GT3/GTLM mod, which is the one that screwed up my game to begin with.

2b.) Tracks are also something I've not gripped with yet.

(I've had the game for 2 hours for full disclosure.)

Tracks are simple enough. Just drop the track folder in your Automobilista\gamedata\locations folder and they should be good to go. Just double check the folder structure. Some guys include the gamedata\locations folders, some don't.

Cars are a little more complex and something I haven't really messed with for a while, so someone else should give you a clearer idea about that (and I'm at work).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%