I have my ffb car specific multi set to 3 and higher.

I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel, so maybe that’s why I have to set the csm so high. Or maybe I’m doing something wrong.

My TM control panel force is set to 100%. And in game I’ve got setting just like the guides say to. But the guides also say to set the csm to 1 or less... that’s impossible for me. At 1, it’s light as a feather with hardly any feedback. I routinely set the csm to 3 sometimes 5..

Another thing, if 1 is already too high for some folks, why would they allow this settting to go so high? I think you can set it to like 10 or higher.

You must be clipping horribly. While there are exceptions, most of the cars have their FFB set properly with the FFB multiplier fairly close to 1, depending on car and track (and somewhat also on the car's setup), and if there's an adjustment needed, it's more often than not to lower it slightly to avoid clipping.

So if it's too weak for you with the multiplier set to around 1, I'd say there's either something wrong with your setup, or you're possibly expecting way too much from your wheel. It is an entry level wheel, after all, so it's not exactly strong.

As for "why do they make it go so high if it's not needed"...well, because sometimes you might need it to go higher than say 2.

How does smoothing stop clipping? That doesn't make any sense. It might lower certain spikes, but it does nothing for clipping.

BTW if you set your multiplier to 10 and "it feels fine", there's something very wrong with your setup IMO. With multiplier at 10, your FFB should be ridiculously overblown to the point of being completely useless.

@patchedupdemon You can use SimHub to monitor FFB in real time.

Last edited:
Before we jump on conclusions etc :
Please tell us which cars you exactly put the what value. Then we can check the clipping for you and come back with actual facts.

Btw I quite often read that stuff like brutal. Vibrations are considered to be "clipping" while it is the opposite. Clipping means that there is no variation in strength anymore. One force level only. And the only thing you'll feel will be change of direction and that's it.

Smoothing helps with "your hands/brain clipping" as with too heavy vibrations you won't feel the steering anymore. It doesn't mean that the ffb is clipping though!

I know that I used a multiplier of 3 with the Nissan gt4. I went from nicely dialed in assetto corsa to that car and it was very weak. No idea if I got clipping or not but I know where you come from with these values.

So please tell us the cars and the exact multipliers you're using :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.3%