I have deleted ACC yesterday

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:

No mate PC, you don't need to steer that far to experience it, Its hard to explain but it seems to effect how the steering loads up at any angle, it just feels alot better. Alsoif you get into trouble and end up in a big slide (through a mistake or accident) and get really side ways, then you very well might reach full lock whilst counter steering, and if the car swings the other way you can catch it so much easier as you hav'nt already steered past the cars actual lock so when you react nothing happens if you see what i mean (sorry explained this bit better in the video as you can see the visual example). Anyway, if you do ever re-install ACC, try it! I can honestly say its a game changer for me 100%
I don't need to re-install it ;). But if its so much better why are for example the pros in your source not using it like that?
"A quick chat with the Coach Dave Academy Setup Team (James Parker, Alleric Enslin, Gregor Schill) confirmed that they all use a steering lock rotation of 900°, allowing for ACC to then adjust it per car."
But everyone like he wants.
Because im switching cars often it's to much of a hazzle for me anyways.

Its hard to explain but it seems to effect how the steering loads up at any angle, it just feels alot better
For some reason, all games and wheel change the gain, when lowering the maximum degrees.
Basically, all the gain available within 900° gets "pressed" into 540°.
Or differently said: When you imagine to corner on a perfect surface and having the maximum grip and perfect slip angle at full lock, you will reach this full lock now at 540° instead of 900°, making the resistance going from 0 to maximum within lower rotation.

It's easier with 450° vs 900°.
The ffb gain will go up 2x as fast.

The important part here is, that the sims should do this too, but I agree that it doesn't feel like they would.
However when you change the degrees in the wheel software, this change will happen independently of the game.

So in theory, ACC should give you 0-100% ffb within the real life degrees of the car and as long as you don't set your wheel lower than this real life degrees, it should be identical.
However it feels like the games don't do this step and always have the gain increasing like it would with 900°.

What's really weird though is that ACC won't adjust the virtual wheel to something lower than the real value.
Setting it to 0° in ACC, like you do in your video, should lead to completely weird stuff. But instead if just sets it to the real value of the car...

Which would mean that if you have an old steering wheel with only 200° for example, you won't be able to take tight turns with any car in ACC.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It's not a hard lock btw, it's softlock from the wheelbase, since acc doesn't have any lock, sadly.
Traditionally lock from game (software) is referenced as soft and one from wheelbase (hardware) hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need to re-install it ;). But if its so much better why are for example the pros in your source not using it like that?
"A quick chat with the Coach Dave Academy Setup Team (James Parker, Alleric Enslin, Gregor Schill) confirmed that they all use a steering lock rotation of 900°, allowing for ACC to then adjust it per car."
But everyone like he wants.
Because im switching cars often it's to much of a hazzle for me anyways.
Fair enuff. But why then would they publish a list of correct locks for each car? I mean if they've somehow found that setting it to max rotation of wheel ingame works with a softlock applied i'd love to know how, cause if I do that it all matches up, but there is no softlock, so the virtual car (on screen) wheel stops turning at given lock for that car, but my physical wheel keeps on turning, due to no softlock. But if someone has figured out how to get the game to automatically provide a softlock, id love to know how they did it. Currently i just look at the list on that site pick the car i wanna drive and set my wheel to that lock and its perfect. Having to change the wheels lock if i change cars during a session is a hassle yes, but at least now i only have to change it on the wheel but not ingame aswell as leaving it at 0 gives right lock for each car. Also i dont have to come out of the game to look up the lock, i just alt tab out to the site, find the list, change the lock and im sorted.

• Deleted member 197115

Whoops, little mistake. Thanks for pointing it out!
I guess the rotation limit would be a "mechanical lock" then.
It's getting even more confusing, if you remember, AC originally had soft lock in game, which is true at game level lock not affecting DOR set in driver. BUT, some sims and even CM AC lock are using driver API to actually change bumpstop (hard lock) at the hardware level. So it's all getting a bit blurred from there. :D
Add to that that hardness of bumpstop in SC2 can be set as "soft", "medium", or "hard". :O_o: :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting even more confusing, if you remember, AC originally had soft lock in game, which is true at game level lock not affecting DOR set in driver. BUT, some sims and even CM AC lock are using driver API to actually change bumpstop (hard lock) at the hardware level. So it's all getting a bit blurred from there. :D
Add to that that hardness of bumpstop in SC2 can be set as "soft", "medium", or "hard". :O_o: :roflmao:
I would love to have adjustable softlock (or a fanatec hardlock setting) in all games...
The soft lock in ac via ini editing is way too harsh. You just get a 100% ffb smack lol.

Same for the hardlock. Sadly one of these things where you clearly get the difference between reality and ffb motors. In real life I'm yet to see tyres violent bouncing back from opposite lock. Would be fun in the parking lots! :roflmao:

Dirt rally does a great job with adjustable soft lock strength and I think pcars have it adjustable too?

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

I also find the ACC engine rather boring in the long run.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%