I have deleted ACC yesterday

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:

AC all the way for me. I usually load up ACC, drive for a little bit, then go back to racing URD’s GTEs.

I just don’t get on with it, at all. And I think the idea of making it unmoddable was a huge mistake.
To make it unmoddable was definitely not the "idea", concept or goal of Kunos, they just had to.
Indeed.. In the interviews before/during early access, they said that they don't forbit or restrict modding. They just won't write instructions like they did with AC.

Also the licensing stuff that made this kind of "full package style" possible probably included to keep things closed.

They are also working on "AC2" afaik, which will probably be more open again.

ACC is meant as a full package for a specific series (and their addons).
What would you want to mod in there? You have everything that's there in real life!

I'm sure the Nordschleife will come with AC2.

Or maybe the VLN will work together with the GT world series to get us the Nordschleife + VLN cars?
Who knows...

A proper VLN with say 15 classes would be a staggering idea, I would love Le Mans too but two official licences is unlikely. Probably far better to go US so you get Daytona, Lime Rock, Sebring, VIR,Atlanta, Road America. That licence might not be so pricey plus they are going GT3 anyway.

But I think at £85 already they have gone far enough with paid DLC for me.

For me ACC feels like a completely different level handling/physics wise compared to AC/AMS2 and everything else that I played. My opinion is completely the opposite as yours. The FFB is just different on ACC, but not on a other level(I have a DD2), I like all 3 games in terms of FFB. Everytime that I play AC/AMS2 I think: ACC is so much better, the cars just react exactly as they sould but I just wished that all this content was in ACC(+DLSS for VR of course..).

• Deleted member 379375

For me ACC feels like a completely different level handling/physics wise compared to AC/AMS2 and everything else that I played. My opinion is completely the opposite as yours. The FFB is just different on ACC, but not on a other level(I have a DD2), I like all 3 games in terms of FFB. Everytime that I play AC/AMS2 I think: ACC is so much better, the cars just react exactly as they sould but I just wished that all this content was in ACC(+DLSS for VR of course..).

A famous AC, ACC developer once said when most people talk about FFB they really mean physics and that the FFB code in AC and ACC are all but identical.

I prefer the feel of most cars in AC but I think it's because the cars I pick are much more forgiving and not so pitch sensitive. That said I love the challenge of ACC and don't drive AC much at all now.

With regard to mods, I'm quite happy there are a mix of sims that are not all the same, to me having AC mod-able and ACC not is perfect.

Try the jaguar.
I didn't drive that much acc with my g27 but I liked that car!

Thanks..FFB feels better now I removed road effects and turned dynamic damper off. I really need help with three things, if you could assist with any I'd be grateful...

how much strength on the wheel should there be turning?
Is return to centre wheel torque in ACC settings?

Lastly...desperate for a Arduino pedal sketch. I have an adapter to run the pedal set stand alone but no sketch file. Two on the net don't work...the joystick sketch I did add made the rz/rx rotation axis move the the single axis of the pedals.

how much strength on the wheel should there be turning?
What do you mean with this? You put the gain to 100% and the degrees to 900° and that's it.
Is return to centre wheel torque in ACC settings?
There's no specific "centre wheel torque" in ACC, but in real life, the front tyres automatically move back to the center. This is simulated in ACC so yes, the normal ACC FFB will have some centre wheel torque in its FFB.

If you mean the "centre wheel" setting from Logitech, then please disable that completely! It's not simulated at all, it's just a generic centre torque that should be disabled for any sim racing game!!

If you still want to tinker with settings, I would recommend this guide for ACC:
Lastly...desperate for a Arduino pedal sketch. I have an adapter to run the pedal set stand alone but no sketch file. Two on the net don't work...the joystick sketch I did add made the rz/rx rotation axis move the the single axis of the pedals.
Sadly can't help at all.. Never had a Arduino.. I would suggest to create a new thread for this!

What do you mean with this? You put the gain to 100% and the degrees to 900° and that's it.

There's no specific "centre wheel torque" in ACC, but in real life, the front tyres automatically move back to the center. This is simulated in ACC so yes, the normal ACC FFB will have some centre wheel torque in its FFB.

If you mean the "centre wheel" setting from Logitech, then please disable that completely! It's not simulated at all, it's just a generic centre torque that should be disabled for any sim racing game!!

If you still want to tinker with settings, I would recommend this guide for ACC:

Sadly can't help at all.. Never had a Arduino.. I would suggest to create a new thread for this!
No, I'm afraid that isn't just it.

I'm in advance of your tweak link already but thank you all the same as it was appreciated.

The driving itself is boring because ACC simulates modern GT cars which are quite boring tbh. :D

Good thing is we have a couple of other great sims to choose from. And don't get me wrong: I really like Kunos and especially AC, ACC on the other hand just doesn't tick any box with me.

I own a G25 and i love ACC.
But i have clubs port V3 pedals, which is a great upgrade.
I love GT3, so my opinion is a little biased.

AC is fantastique too, no question.
Same with RRE, Rfactor2, Irving, ....

Take it easy and choose what you like the most.
Life is short and simracing is just a hobby.

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:
Hi mate, sorry to hear you are not enjoying this sim. I've had similar problems with it in the past, not only vague FFB but the fact that there is no soft lock so if you match the steering lock (in game menu under control) to the max lock of your wheel, you get a 1 to 1 steering ratio but as soon as the wheel goes past the max lock of the actual ingame cars wheel, because of the lack of soft lock your wheel can keep going round, but the cars wheel stops. Because a deal braker for me, stopped me catching slides, and stuff.

Anyway, i changed a couple of settings, now i have perfect 1.1 steering with correct lock for every car, FFB now seems soooo much better! and its meant the difference of me giving up with it to driving it every day and fecking loving it! Honestly it feels so good now i can't believe it!

So i made a video showing what i did. I'd recomend watching the whole thing to get an idea of why its improved it so much for me, but if you aint got the time and just wanna know what settings i changed skip to about 8.07 in the vid. Hope its useful!

Are you playing on console, if not i don't get that just having a hard lock changes so much for you, if you need to steer that far to experience it you are doing something wrong anyways.
Well in his video, he's drifting. And drifting without lock is pretty weird. It's not a hard lock btw, it's softlock from the wheelbase, since acc doesn't have any lock, sadly.
Thanks @Andrew_WOT

He has a csw 2.5, which can rotate very quickly and without a lock, it will rotate to outside of the responsive degrees.
So you do a Scandinavian flick, let go of the wheel, the car goes into the drift and you catch the wheel at the desired drift angle.
If the wheel rotates to outside if the responsive degrees, you need to manually turn a non-ffb wheel back into the working range to then control the drift.

By the time you do this, you probably lost the car.
Same for when catching the drift not perfectly, having the car drifting into the opposite direction.

I have to say though that it shouldn't change anything for normal driving. Even when having to catch a slide, I never ever hit the maximum degrees.
The only situation where I do reach them is when driving out of a tight garage into the pit lane or when having to get back on track after spinning.
But then I do like not having any lock since the wheel won't punch me, when I reach the maximum. I just see the virtual wheel stopping, so I know that I'll do the tightest possible turn.

However: the ffb won't stop at the end. It will continue with the ffb from the end of range.
The issue is while drifting, the ffb is very very subtle.

Last edited:
Are you playing on console, if not i don't get that just having a hard lock changes so much for you, if you need to steer that far to experience it you are doing something wrong anyways.
No mate PC, you don't need to steer that far to experience it, Its hard to explain but it seems to effect how the steering loads up at any angle, it just feels alot better. Alsoif you get into trouble and end up in a big slide (through a mistake or accident) and get really side ways, then you very well might reach full lock whilst counter steering, and if the car swings the other way you can catch it so much easier as you hav'nt already steered past the cars actual lock so when you react nothing happens if you see what i mean (sorry explained this bit better in the video as you can see the visual example). Anyway, if you do ever re-install ACC, try it! I can honestly say its a game changer for me 100%

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%