I have deleted ACC yesterday

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:

lol i didn`t thought this threadt is still alive :confused: .
So back to topic- AMS 1 is also deleted :D. No honestly AMS1 was my go-to sim for a couple of month 2 years ago.

I`ve never driven a racecar and probably never will, so its not the priority no. 1 for me if something is very realistic, ultra realistic or half realistic :O_o:

The point for me is - how much feel i become through the wheel to have maximum fun driving a car in particular game.
This is given by the games physics and ffb, and the gear i am using.

Plus what do the game offer for me as a game additionally to the pure driving.

All these things together gives me my personal ranking in which AC, RRE and AMS2 are the "kings" at the moment.

I'm obsessed with ACC, I can't even play another sim.

My time in the rig is very limited but I have tried to load up AC, and AMS 2 and rFactor, but none of them seem to scratch the itch the way ACC does. ACC just makes sense to my brain.

I've pretty much lost interest in everything but ACC, even when I'm not playing it I'm thinking about it.

I think to each their own. I can appreciate why someone wouldn't like ACC because the content is very limited. Although, I don't even use all the content, I spend long periods of time with just one car.

I would love to play ACC! I have a T300rs, FFB is ok for me, Physics is ok for me.
Problem I have is the graphics quality in my Quest 2 and performance. No matter what settings I try it's just really poor and stuttery.
I have a 1080ti and a decent CPU so it should run ok. So for now I'll stick to AC.

I use Thrustmaster TMX, and in ACC it's quite bland compared to FFB in AC or other sims, but on the other hand, it's quite realistic in the sense that you don't feel much coming through the wheel in a real car either (at least road cars, as I've never driven a proper race car). Throwing a bunch of buttkickers on the rig would probably make the experience much more believable.

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:

I own both and users will swear blind that the FFB in ACC is the same or better than AC, but not for me. the FFB in ACC just feels so much more numb than the FFB in AC. It also feels a touch delayed too.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

If you compare same or close cars/tracks combos side by side, AC FFB feels more exaggerated and even "primitive" missing rich nuances you can get out of ACC.
I think Kunos could consider something like Gamma or LFB (low force boost) to enhance experience for lower consumer wheel as on DD wheel I honestly don't think you can ask for anything more.
But that might not align with their "pure straight from physics" ffb philosophy.

Another option is to make LUT functionality more accessible and user friendly as not many know or understand how to use it.

• Deleted member 197115

I feel the exact opposite. Whenever I go back to AC it feels flat, like it's missing something. I find ACC very communicative.
It is more like it has higher FFB spikes with little in between, when in ACC it's overall more subtle but with much more minute information filled in. At least on DD you can feel it very well.

I'm getting along with ACC in the FFB department. On my ancient Fanatec CSR, the sim tells me quite a bit. My biggest issue is I can't see much, due to being on a single screen and running close to a proper FOV setting. I either need a bigger screen or to move to triples. I can't go back to running a high FOV setting. But trying to run ACC on triples with a GTX 1070 sounds like a tall order. About as tall as getting a new graphics card for MSRP, with mining and ultra high demand.

I'm getting along with ACC in the FFB department. On my ancient Fanatec CSR, the sim tells me quite a bit. My biggest issue is I can't see much, due to being on a single screen and running close to a proper FOV setting. I either need a bigger screen or to move to triples. I can't go back to running a high FOV setting. But trying to run ACC on triples with a GTX 1070 sounds like a tall order. About as tall as getting a new graphics card for MSRP, with mining and ultra high demand.
I am on a single screen, too, as my poor RX580 is not exactly a beast (it has 8G and it's slightly overclocked but i think it's not faster than your 1070). But I am on a 21:9 screen (2560x1080) and I think this helps with the FOV. Another thing i do to improve the visibility is move the seat position backwards, so the cockpit is a tad smaller and I have more visibility on the sides. Also, I am not using the "ideal" FOV, i scaled it back a bit to have a compromise between realism and visibility.

Last edited:
I own both and users will swear blind that the FFB in ACC is the same or better than AC, but not for me. the FFB in ACC just feels so much more numb than the FFB in AC. It also feels a touch delayed too.

Are you, by chance, running a DD Wheel?

Cause what you describe reassembles quite closely how I perceived the FFB of ACC in the beginning, kind of numb, and slightly lagging behind.
However, after turning off the dynamic damper in game (setting it to 0%), and reducing the damper and friction slightly in the driver of my wheel, these issues
all but vanished.

So I will swear blindly, that the FFB of ACC is of unparalleled awesomeness:geek:

My 11 year old G25 feels pretty good in ACC. Still think AC is more talkative ( wierdly ) but I can easily feel the edge in ACC so I don't think it's necessarily aimed at DD wheels. Handling the edge is a different matter...

Also I've noticed how alive the car feels is pretty dependent on the model - the new AMG feels wooden & horrible to me, the 2018 Bentley is immersive & a joy.

You can feel the edge, huh...whats your settings FFB?

The FFB is garbage on the G29....can't feel the road, can't feel the tyres slip....seems to be the only FFB tweak is to make the wheel heavy or light.

Tried every combination of FFB and it just feels like canned junk...yet, allegedly it's suppose to be better than PC2

I have never tried PC2 so cannot really judge, but I will say PC1 was total rot for me, so I would not hold out hope.

I use an even older G25 and the FFB is fair, not great like Iracing or Rfactor used to be with real feel but fair, it is very much an acquired taste.

You can feel the edge, huh...whats your settings FFB?

The FFB is garbage on the G29....can't feel the road, can't feel the tyres slip....seems to be the only FFB tweak is to make the wheel heavy or light.

Tried every combination of FFB and it just feels like canned junk...yet, allegedly it's suppose to be better than PC2
Try the jaguar.
I didn't drive that much acc with my g27 but I liked that car!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%