I have deleted ACC yesterday

Hi,

as the title says i have done something i thought i would never do.
Sorry i have choosen the topic-theme intentionally to generate clics like a boulevard paper :confused:

Some folks are talking about ACC as the next gen sim, with the best physics and ffb out there beside rF2.

Unfortunately with my wheel (t300 ferrari alcantara) i can`t confirm that for myself. And i am pretty happy with my wheel, knowing that is not a pro gear like for example Direct Drive wheels.

Yes the game feels good, sounds good and looks good. But for me it does not feel any better than AC, R3E, AMS2 - my go to games with most playtime (AC far ahead).

Each of them feels different and has his strengts, but i like AC still most. ACC has just a lack of detail for me. The driving itself is just boring. (Yes i have setup my wheel properly, i am doing that over 15 years).

While the other 3 games has pretty much content and also decent graphics, sounds ACC can not compete in the content discipline, its obvious i do not have reasons to play this game :(

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?

Are there guys outside with cheeper wheels like t300, logitech G series and so on which can fully enjoy the games physics/ffb ?

Its just me feeling not enough to like it?

Thanks in advance for some discussion :thumbsup:

I have the T300 Ferrari Alcantara. Its fine on ACC

My issues with ACC are quality of life stuff.

From AC to ACC, the developers proposition is as follows: - "here's a better driving game! but to drive it, we must stick needles in your ball sack. Do you accept?" this is the feeling of navigating every ACC Menu. PS4/Xbox owners love this stimulus.

If you have a proper simulation rig, where the wheel sits in front of the monitor, and not bellow it, you are blind to 25% of the menus.

It also looks great on screenshots but on the wheel all I notice are the shadows popping in and the aggressive LOD of basically everything, specially trees.

I bought ACC to support Kunos (I guess), but GT3s really aren't my thing...

1608652058640.png

I play with a TS-PC and experience the FFB as really well.
However I have tried playing it on 2 different T300s, one felt like **** in ACC, the other felt okay. The one that felt bad in ACC felt great in rF2 and RaceRoom. The one that felt okay in ACC felt good everywhere.
In the end we figured out the one that felt bad was simply end of life, after replacing it is was fine. It seems that ACC is much more sensitivte with the FFB and some wear on the T300 has huge effects, more than in any other game.

However great the T300 is, it just doesn't seem great for ACC in the experiences I've had, especially considering the one I that felt okay was just that.. okay.

• Deleted member 197115

So i wonder if maybe ACC is "made" and optimized primary for those high-end direct drive wheels ?
Thats like my conclusion .... how do u guys think/feel about that?
I am on SC2 Pro and to me it's a pinnacle of FFB out of everything else I can drive from Steam library.
It might not be as chatty, exaggerated, and in your face like AMS2, and I can see why on generic wheels more subtle details can be perceived as virtually non existent, but it seems of a lesser problem, if problem at all, with higher torque and more reactive motors.
But even with those some people prefer more oomph.
Just like with music styles, classical vs rap, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came over from the world of flight sims to iRacing. I had a 6 month love affair with that crazy b@#tc before I dumped her and found ACC. A month or so after that I found AC and the mod community and life has never been the same. I’ve dabbled in R3E multiplayer, joined some ACC leagues, even ran an iRacing league myself. In the end, it’s all about what you enjoy and finding the right group of people to run with.

I play with a TS-PC and experience the FFB as really well.
However I have tried playing it on 2 different T300s, one felt like **** in ACC, the other felt okay. The one that felt bad in ACC felt great in rF2 and RaceRoom. The one that felt okay in ACC felt good everywhere.
In the end we figured out the one that felt bad was simply end of life, after replacing it is was fine. It seems that ACC is much more sensitivte with the FFB and some wear on the T300 has huge effects, more than in any other game.

However great the T300 is, it just doesn't seem great for ACC in the experiences I've had, especially considering the one I that felt okay was just that.. okay.
Exactly thats the case. Its just ok for me or even good.
But this wow, that awsome feeling is not there (which seems to be there using better Equipment)

My 11 year old G25 feels pretty good in ACC. Still think AC is more talkative ( wierdly ) but I can easily feel the edge in ACC so I don't think it's necessarily aimed at DD wheels. Handling the edge is a different matter...

Also I've noticed how alive the car feels is pretty dependent on the model - the new AMG feels wooden & horrible to me, the 2018 Bentley is immersive & a joy.

Last edited:
I have a t300 too. Love AC, but for me ACC is so much better with feel and the handling. Visually too ACC is far superior than AC, even with CSP and SOL mods. Although it did force me to upgrade both CPU and GPU to get it to perform how it does. But, system was 10 years old!

If I want to Race and/or hotlap race cars then it's ACC. If I want to drive road cars or drive the 'ring', then it's AC.

Have just upgraded to the T-LCM pedals, now that is a gamechanger!

• Deleted member 197115

how weird would be a for a software to be "aimed at high end DD devices" when nobody in the dev team had DD wheels :p
Perhaps Aris have one now (don't know) but it's just an nonsense sentence nevertheless.
Haven't Gergo had one for a long time?

Yes! I have a T300 and love ACC. Kunos said at an early stage that they wanted to avoid artificial inputs into the FFB that other sims tend to include so that may be why you feel the ACC FFB is has less “detail”.
Yeah, that may be it. If you drive a real car and concentrate on what you really feel in the wheel when going trough bumps or rumble strips, it is not that much.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%