I have averaged out the season so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on the internet looking for the average formula. I know i used it in school some 20 years ago but never applied it. Tried to do it in Excel but boxes and variables messed it up so i did it old school with pen and paper. I calculated 10 rounds so far and the highest score is 25 so that's 250 as the maximum score and divided it by the points of the driver making a decimal.
The weird thing is the lower the number the better the average and the higher the worse. So when i put it into a chart "The values go backwards so its a mind bender" :O_o::thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Attachments

• Points Averages after 10 of 20 events.xlsx
    13.5 KB · Views: 315
I have just injured myself by facepalming so hard.

If you had a grasp of basic mathematics, you would know you should be dividing the Points by the Maximum.

So for Vettel, (172/250)*100

Also, I can see NO POINT in you doing this. This shows no relevant statistic that we didn't already know.

Plus it doesn't actually work as a pie chart as you have over 100% of what you think is the maximum. 250 isn't the maximum overall, just the maximum for one person.

Just when you thought it was safe.....

64464851-sivestr-stalone-facepalm.gif

I have been on the internet looking for the average formula. I know i used it in school some 20 years ago but never applied it. Tried to do it in Excel but boxes and variables messed it up so i did it old school with pen and paper. I calculated 10 rounds so far and the highest score is 25 so that's 250 as the maximum score and divided it by the points of the driver making a decimal.
The weird thing is the lower the number the better the average and the higher the worse. So when i put it into a chart "The values go backwards so its a mind bender" :O_o::thumbsdown::thumbsup:
You've encountered a common bug in Microsoft Excel which can occur when performing mathematical calculations beyond the user's capability. In my experience, pressing the shortcut "Alt+F4" can often solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back