i hate asking stupid questions, but

race department servers! where are they for me to join the free one to see how it all works? im very happy with €20 annual, but when i look down mulitplay i dont see RD servers?
also , dare i ask, are the details of race set by servers, but car details set by drivers? eg, is there a rule for example? traction control and abs, and the few other settings in the race menu?

i can drive, i just not that quick in the tech stuff.
nick.

The reason you can't see our servers is likely to be caused by wrong filter settings. There is a bunch of buttons on the top right of the server browsers, make sure you have filter 2,3 and 4 turned on, and filters 1, 5 and 7 off. Filter 6 is optional, if you turn it on you will only see servers with content you have. (Currently the RD servers run GT3 with the Dream DLC) If you use the search bar writing just 'raced' should be sufficient to find RD servers. Please pay attention where the server is located. Only Netherlands and Australia are our RD servers, there have been some fakes from Germany and Belgium.

It works pretty simple, there are two ways of joining, Pickup mode and Booking mode. With pickup mode the server is already preconfigured with cars and liveries, with booking mode you will get the livery you chose in single player for that car. With pickup mode you get entered in the game straight away, with booking mode you will have to wait untill booking time is over, at that moment the button "Request Booking" changes to Join when you have requested that booking. When a small widget appears bottom left of AC with a countdown timer you know that your booking has been made succesfully. In the meanwhile you can do what you want, even shutdown your computer.

The Driving Aids are controlled by the server. ABS and Traction Control are allowed on RaceDepartment servers when the car has it, the 'factory' setting. We have always disabled Stability Control but do allow Auto Clutch and Auto Gear. (You have to enable this yourself in single player) We usually drive with 100% damage, 1x Fuel Consumption and 1x Tyre Usage, unless stated otherwise in the event thread.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask them, we are happy to help you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%