F1 2010 I give up, i just cant figure it out

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ive asked so many times in different channels but i cannot get a answer, Im trying to upload a custom skin and i cannot for the love or money figure out how to get it into my F1 2010 folder so i can view it in a race,TT or any such way.

I might being stupid here but i spent 13 hrs making a new skin and nothing !!,
SO, i have the following. CS5 with Nvidia dds plugin F1 tex editor I can export the original car file from the f1 2010, c drive and view in editor, i can then fire it up in Paintshop to change, ive done that, 2 verisions a 2048 and 4096 for hd.
i then save it as a dds file in PS and use the nvidia pluging ( as the tutorial for race07 says) and it hits my desk top as a me0_main.dds. this where i get stuck, what am i doing wrong and what do i need to do to change it to pssg, manulay type in the file pssg ?. also whats the go with the 2 files LOW AND HIGH, do i just save the file ive saved to desktop from photoshop as both manualy typing high and low so the read me0_gen_low_main.pssg me0_gen_high_main.pssg.

I dont get much time from traveling around europe and the last 3 weeks have been great at home in Australia and having time to relax and play a few games is great, i just wanted some time making skins whislst i wait for a emergency call ( its coming in January ) to fly off into russia,Kyrgyzstan ect.

But thats just me, also so precise OH i nearly forgot when i try and upload a car, and i dont know what happed last night when im sure i say some changes i made, but i seem to get now a black car what ever custom skin i do ?

F1_2010_game 2010-12-27 00-53-06-42.jpg
Yor help is appeciated,

2048 and 4096 for hd. This may be the problem Chris, I have heard that some problem's occur with helmet skins when they are made in hi-res. Have you tried importing a standard skin over another one to see if that works ? say try Force India imported over a Ferrari. It will look strange no doubt but will give you an indication of if it is importing.

hmmmmm

ive tried exporting a standard me0 file and changing it, and importing my change from editor,, that works...... 2048 that it.

but when i change the file on my desktop to a pssg n swap it in the f1 c drive all i get is a black car, looks sick though.. so im still at a loss, i am steadly getting smashed on corona and vodka to try and revist my moment of clarity from last night, i do rember swaping files in a way that resembles a demented baboon and my wife says ive been grumpy all day about it...

it bloody 40+ here and im sick of the stupid heat,,,NO NO NO its not great its anoying and i would prefer the cold of the UK, at least it woul;d feel like the holidays.

Dave give me a 1,2,3 guide on what you did and ill see if im sober enough to forget it.

To import high res skins you need ryder25 pssg tool. The old texture editor can only replace textures of same size.

Some other points that might help you:
1) A totally black skin ingame also means a problem with the dds compression after editing the skin. Make sure you use dxt5 with the settings in the ryder25 tool thread.
2) Make sure you are using 32 bit photoshop, the 64 bit doesnt support dds plugin.
3) Make sure you generate mipmaps (mips) or use existing ones when compressing to dds. Otherwise the cars will have bad antiallising and strange metallic reflections.

4) If all else fails: get the original pssg file and try importing your skin to that. Sometimes the texture editor tools corrupt the pssg files.

Anyway, I think your mistake is using the wrong texture editor tool, try the ryder25 version and it should work fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back