I don't have a .plr file. Is that normal?

if you are running vista/win7, depending on where you have it installed you need run with administrator privilages or it cannot create/edit files.

Had that problem a couple of weeks back. I just install outside of Windows protected folders now.

I run Win7 and could find my .plr either, but I found it after a search. It's found under 'C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\[PlayerName]\[PlayerName].plr'

To change the .plr, open Notepad as Administrator and open the file.

Mine is on Win7 and they are in the individual installs folder, I did install from the rf_lite installer though, maybe that makes a difference.

As For re-installing get rf_Lite from rfc, install to a new location, copy over your gamedata/userdata etc. then uninstall the old one. bish bash bosh all your mods and tracks are all ready to go without ever messing around with a single rar file.

I run Win7 and could find my .plr either, but I found it after a search. It's found under 'C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\[PlayerName]\[PlayerName].plr'

To change the .plr, open Notepad as Administrator and open the file.

Thanks M8, you just saved my PC from certain death, could'nt find my player files in the normal place after upgrading from XP, I had searched everywhere, one thing to add though, you need to turn on "hidden folders" in folder options otherwise you'll never find the Appdata file, lol.

Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing