I deleted my GSC-profile. Can I recover my setups?

Marco Versele

Hhmmm, yes ...
I accidentally deleted my GSC profile and all my setups disappeared!?!!!. Is there any possibility to recover them? This would spare me several hours, rather days ... as I al build them using Motec. Whheeee ! ....

I accidentally deleted my GSC profile and all my setups disappeared!?!!!. Is there any possibility to recover them? This would spare me several hours, rather days ...

By profile, what do you mean exactly? If you mean your entire UserData folder, then you have no way of recovering any setups from before, unless it was sent to Recycle Bin.

If you mean only the .plr file, then your setups should still be there, under UserData/Settings/[TrackName].

No, I deleted the profile ingame where you put your name, date of birth, nationality ...
I had 2 of them, and deleted 1. This is because the RD club races require you to use your real name.
So I deleted the original one - a fictive name - but this also deleted my real name apparently.
The .PRL file is gone as it resided within the \userdata\myrealname folder which disappeared :( .
And no, nothing to be found in the recycle bin.

Last edited:
Well, what bothers me the most are the BES setups.
I know my driving style changed by time, and the setups evolved accordingly. I will setup the cars temporarly according to what I was used to, and then again fine tune them with Motec.
Thanks anyway!

Well euh, Userdata\memyself\etc doesn't exist anymore. Gone. Vanished. Disappeared. And so are my settings with the setups.
As Bob Seger used to sing: poor poor pittyful me :):):):):)
I'll spend the second half of my life rebuilding it all.

Well euh, Userdata\memyself\etc doesn't exist anymore. Gone. Vanished. Disappeared. And so are my settings with the setups.
As Bob Seger used to sing: poor poor pittyful me :):):):):)
I'll spend the second half of my life rebuilding it all.

and that happened just by deleting your profile from ingame menu? maybe it should be reported as a bug

Yes indeed. I started GSC with a nickname. After applying for the RD race club license, I created a second profile with my real name (some time ago).
Today I wanted to get rid of the initial nickname profile and deleted it. Then I saw the my nickname folder as well as my real name folder were gone. Of course my .PLR file is gone also. I can't get my steering wheel to work any more in any other game neither (Assetto Corsa, LFS, haven't tried the others yet) I will need to restart my computer.
And unfortunately the above mentioned tools seem very interesting., but I already made a new real name profile (identical as the deleted one), and therefor the folder in Userdata cannot be recovered. Sigh.

Anyway thanks for the suggested help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing