I Challenge You!

It seems there may be quite a few people unaware of the challenges available to participate in, in the application rF2LA. To keep it short, the application reads the log files rF2 saves and shows you the data in a more human form in your web browser.

Recently, the author Nibo added challenges to this application and they are a bunch of fun to participate in. Like anything, with support it will grow but without it I fear for the worst. It would be a great shame as it is a well polished/tested app which is so easy to setup.

Check it out here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24650-Offline-challenges-with-r2la and see if you can get close to my times (you won't beat them!)

It seems there may be quite a few people unaware of the challenges available to participate in, in the application rF2LA. To keep it short, the application reads the log files rF2 saves and shows you the data in a more human form in your web browser.

Recently, the author Nibo added challenges to this application and they are a bunch of fun to participate in. Like anything, with support it will grow but without it I fear for the worst. It would be a great shame as it is a well polished/tested app which is so easy to setup.

Check it out here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24650-Offline-challenges-with-r2la and see if you can get close to my times (you won't beat them!)
Does it take into account which realroad setting you used?
Personally I am not a big fan of hotlapping in rF2, racing is a lot better :D

The parameters are defined but there is freedom for how you achieve the goal. 5 laps with 100% and no aids apart from clutch for example.
If you think you can do a fast time on a green track then go for it.

It's in no way meant to replace online racing or league racing, just another thing to try and have fun with for those that have time/missus/internet restrictions or for those who just like having fun or a goal while they race.

*re-reading the question, I'm not sure you actually read anything on the linked page?
It's racing against the AI with the goal of producing the fastest race time, not just hotlapping.

You could run the race with no AI but I find having them set just beyond my capability is best.

That's cool, I'll just go back to what I was doing when this app folds like the rest have. It's just a shame to see hundreds of hours work put in only for people to go to pick holes in it without even having a quick look.

I find the AI in rF2 to be better than most online racers by a fair margin and this adds an extra dimension to AI races, that's all. A bit of fun. The application itself is a must have for rF2 for the logs anyway, so what is there to lose?

Real road saturation is largely ineffective after a certain percentage. If you rely on that for your speed, then I guess you would be off the pace quite a bit.

Real road saturation is largely ineffective after a certain percentage. If you rely on that for your speed, then I guess you would be off the pace quite a bit.
Off the pace enough to win the Virtual Endurance Championship. ;)

While this looks interesting to me and i would have probably used it about a year ago it wouldn't suit the way i actually play rf2 anymore. Which is mostly prep for leagues or organised races. It does definitely look like a cool feature that might one day make it into rf2 officially. :)

Yeah well.. I walked into that one didn't I, hehe.

If you race in leagues then sure, time is an issue. I just feel there are a lot of people out there running offline only... maybe I'm wrong. For those that do, it's something to participate in or a goal to work towards, to be a part of the community which could do with some building, imo.

At this time it's only cars with the new CPM with the exception of the Megane challenge.
We had Indycars at the 14 road circuit last week. There are new challenges posted every 2-3 weeks so I'd expect one next round.

1OK4rBf.png

I will just step in here as well and say that Nibo's rF2 Log Analyzer is an absolute gem.
I highly recommend that you try it out, if not for the challenges, then for the very very detailed session and race reports.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%