I can't pick a favorite car

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Lol what a title, but it is true. I am offline checking out the cars i've never driven in GTL and i dont seem to fancy one car over another like in other games where i have clear favorites. What on earth do i need to pick for the league? The good old silver arrow :) ?

Am i the only one with this problem?

Am i the only one with this problem?

Nope!!. My biggest problem is that I end up driving the cars I like, rather than the ones I'm faster in.
In terms of lap times, they all give me different results depending on the track, and how well I can tune myself into the needed driving style on any given day. Often, they drive and handle very differently, but with practice I end up about the same lap times. :mad-tongue:

The absolute speed is not important for me either (love the abarthies :D) but strangely enough i often fall for the engine sound (sunred & e46 in evo, Morgan in GTR2) but that makes it so difficult in GTL where almost all cars have great enginesounds and not one really sticks out! :)

Bram, this is exactly the quandy I wanted to put people in with the 5 league cars. :sinister:

I know it's a league and everything and some people will pick the fastest, be a bit "win, win, win", but I'll probably end up picking the one I have the most fun in, same as Warren.

a) Because I want to enjoy the league first and foremost, and
b) see a) above.

If I picked the car that game me the fastest laptimes, right now, I'd probably end up hating the league experience, even if I would (probably) do better. And where's the point in that?

As far as I can tell, there isn't one that's head and shoulders above the others, so whatever criteria you choose to decide by, as long as you enjoy driving the car, everything's sweet.

If you like the engine noise, the Ferrari is unbelievable, and as Yoeri pointed out, the Shelby is loud too. In fact the only one you might not fancy on exhaust note alone is the Alpine.

Ha. Definately a problem.... Although I'd have no problem in removing the alpine from the list! Lol.

For me, the car which would have been the most attractive (if i was doing this league thing) would have been the Ferrari. Not cos of the engine note. Not cos it's probably fairly quick in a straight line, but more cos it's got the power to casually slide itself around a corner... entertaining both the simple minded driver (ME!!) and the following (if any) crowd of racers:clap:

I have a favorite: The '65 Vette.

Now ask me if I can drive the damn thing. I do better in a Cobra, but am leery of driving them as at any moment they may decide to fly off the track for no apparent reason. I don't have many troubles with the GT 40, but just don't like driving it much.

My favourite is the Renault Alpine. Okay it doesnt have a lot of bhp, but is freakingly fast on the Nordschleife for its amount of bhp.
I can imagine that, apart from the long, long straight at the end of the Nords lap, the Alpine would be an absolute match made in heaven round the Nords due to it's chuckability.

I think there's such a huge difference between the cars in GTL that you really need to think "car and circuit" as a pair, rather than just "car" or just "track". I wouldn't fancy the Vette round Monaco, or the Elite round Le Mans - but switch them around and we're cooking.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%