F1 2010 I can't hear the tirespin

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Debated making a seperate thread for this, but figured it might spark some interesting discussion. I'll also mention i have alot of hours on Simbin titles, and have been totally addicted to iRacing for the past few months.....

Anyways. Tirespin, or lack of knowing when it happens is driving me crazy. I noticed that exiting some corners and mashing down the throttle i was losing ground on my competition Sure the revs would spike, but i didnt hear any tire squeel, nor did the car rotate as if the rears had broken loose. Rolling on the throttle a touch smoother (as i would when playing iracing) has yielded some improvement, but it seems this game doesnt give any great feedback for when your breaking loose. For the record this is on max difficulty in a lotus on the Dry setups.

I think this also is why i just suddenly spin sometimes, i just never heard the rears spinning freely. Seems REVs are the only thing i can use as an indication

It also occurred to me that with the limited feedback (through sound or FFB wheels) the game gives the player, may be whats bothering some of the sim community. I know i was scouring thru the settings for a tire sounds setting lol.

I'm having a similar issue. This is my first time driving F1; the only other open-wheel stuff I've done before is the IFM in Race On, so I'm still getting used to the amount of excess throttle in the lower gears, and I know I'm spinning quite a lot. Still, I only know I'm spinning in 1st & 2nd gear when I see the revs dancing on the limiter-- nothing else informs me of this, including the car handling! I'm not sure if the lack of oversteer is realistic.

I bought it pretty much as an arcade game for my PC - I wanted it for the single player career mode (I like things like that - sue me :) )

When I want a sim where I can spin the car on every corner and back it into the barriers, I load up the Evo mod too *grins*

ha...went back to the 2007 F1 mod for EVO and couldn't drive it, lost my sensitivity in both accelerator and brake....just shows how arcadey 2010 is.

lets go with the term "Forgiving" instead of arcadey :p (i've got a good bit of time on the EVO mod as well)

I'm at least not pinging off the rev limiter in 2010 now, but i still cant seem to get any sort of feeling for how fast i can lay down the power exiting corners. most of the time i catch the AI under braking, only to see them float away on exit (too little power, too much, etc). heheh.

I'm at least not pinging off the rev limiter in 2010 now, but i still cant seem to get any sort of feeling for how fast i can lay down the power exiting corners. most of the time i catch the AI under braking, only to see them float away on exit (too little power, too much, etc). heheh.

I know, me too. Once I get this last little detail worked out, I'll have no trouble passing Webber and Hamilton in my Lotus ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back