I can't get 'time acceleration' to work in rfactor2

Hi all. I have assigned time acceleration to buttons on my wheel and to the keyboard and none of them work. I also tried Ctrl X and that doesn't work either. Please help and thank you.

time is a macro keypress isn't it? Can your wheel reproduce multiple keypresses?
You can assign it to a single key. I use ' as I think that is what it was in rFactor 1 originally, and I got used to it.

It may have changed for some reason recently, of course, I haven't played rFactor 2 offline in years, so I'm not even sure I still have the command assigned.

@OP try the other CTRL button + X and see if that works. If it does, it is likely what @davehenrie is alluding to (ghosting).

Thanks MarcG again for your response. Does this mean I cannot get a track map at all?

I'm not sure if a modder has done anything so can't say for sure, but generally old plug ins no longer work that write to the screen, maybe a modder has made an Overlay of some kind but I don't use anything like that personally (VR user).

Simhub can also be used as an overlay on your main screen (but then you need to play rF2 in window or borderless mode, causing a small fps drop).
As far as I know it is the only way to get a track map and infos on screen since the game went Dx11; the new UI is suppose to change all that, in the meantime we have to be patient...

Simhub can also be used as an overlay on your main screen (but then you need to play rF2 in window or borderless mode, causing a small fps drop).
As far as I know it is the only way to get a track map and infos on screen since the game went Dx11; the new UI is suppose to change all that, in the meantime we have to be patient...

Thanks AlexS. I will have to be patient.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%