I cant get my simvibe setup to work. Help!!

Hello!
I cant get my simvibe setup to work!

My stuff:
Harman kardon avr 255 – Hdmi gtx 1070 grafic card - 5.1 sound system.
Yamaha htr 6130 – Optical ore Coaxial – Sinustec BS250
and Sinus Live BassPump III 4ohm.
Sim commander 4 and simvibe software.
Realtek motherboard soundcard.

The problem is that i have sound and vibbes out to all speakers, whene i test it from simcommander and from sound card settings.
But no vibbes from shackers in the games, have tried Assetto corsa, Dirt rally, Project cars. Have tried different speaker chanels, and have tried optical and coaxial cable.

I even tried to change soundcard to my 5.1 system, to see if vibbes come out there, that reciver have hdmi by graficcard., so not same soundcard same thing there, no sound at all.
I dont understand what is wrong, have checkt setup videos and i think i have done everything right.
I cant config realtek soundcard, the button isent markt so cant click it. But i can config on hdmi and same thing there so.

I cant log in to owners club, have email admin for that. But simvibe and commander should work correct without sign in right?
Some pics to se my settings:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B250wYvnLcV-Y19qSG5peEhMd2c?usp=sharing

Plz help!

Lunching the games through simcom. What options do u use for game profiles? On the +new tabb, from scratch, tele, n drive, ore auto discover? My games dont sync with simvibe, no settings to change in games? no files to use?

Upvote 0
I only have 2 shackers, so extensions i shall have?

Although you only have 2 Shackers, to feel the effect of the suspension, you have to activate the chassis function.

Then on the sound card you set the stereo output and when you create your profile, you choose front or rear suspension.

Lunching the games through simcom. What options do u use for game profiles? On the +new tabb, from scratch, tele, n drive, ore auto discover? My games dont sync with simvibe, no settings to change in games? no files to use?

I create profiles from 0, because I do not have the games installed on disk C

Upvote 0
Using two amplifiers connected to the audio board of the motherboard, through the jack connection 3.5.

The amplifier for the front spring connected to the green output

The amplifier for the rear spring connected to the output pink

The headphones are connected to a USB sound card.

Upvote 0
Be sure to set your onboard audio soundcard as the Simvibe Extension Mode device
Configure it for Quad Surround (no center no sub) and disable any additional audio effects it may have.
Your Nvidia/GPU if using that, can be your PRIMARY device for general audio.

Checklist
  • Ensure Simvibe has detected your installed games
  • Connect and update the software
  • Select the correct soundcard for (Extension Mode)
  • Try a test signal, if you get a response then you have the tactile connected properly
  • Launch the game from Sim Commander
  • If working it will say "Connected"
  • EM / Shifter / Wheel /Pedals / Seat are all individual outputs
  • Select the one for the unit you have connected, turn it on and add effects layers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
open

Upvote 0
Cant see your above google doc or image.....

I would do a re-install and search again for your installed sim titles.

If you have games installed in a different drive/place and it does not detect their location.
Then you can manually set the directory location of what drive or where they are on your system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont understand? "Cant see your above google doc or image...."
It find my games on auto detect, and have right folders markt in simcom.

Post you made for #9. (When I go to try and open your google doc link it says folder isn't available)
Post #10 (The image you posted isn't showing, cant see it).

Lets start fresh:
If games are detected then when you go to launch a game via Simcommander 4 it should say "connected" Can you confirm you get a connected message?

If you only have two shakers you can decide to either have 2x EM units or use only 2 of the 4 possible with CM mode.

For 2 EM units you can select for example Seat & Pedals (EM does NOT support Suspension Effects)

For Suspension Effects if you want them then you can use only 2 CM units.
Install them both on the seat but (important: use green 3.5mm output to use as the FRONT wheels).
Just select the appropriate soundcard and configure it for Quadraphonic (no center no sub). It will work fine even if you do not technically have the 2 Rear CM units.

Do not get confused with the sound cards, you have to use one soundcard as normal for your game audio (or GPU). Simvibe needs its own soundcard for its effects. You only need a further soundcard if you are using both CM & EM configuration.

Upvote 0
Hey, I don't know if you're a new user or not or if someone else reading this with similar issue perhaps will be.
Just trying to take the time to help...

If you have done the above, get a test signal via Simvibe, then also get a "connected" message when running the game then you should be feeling effects that you place in the appropriate "Output Mixer Channel" EG "Chassis Mode" or EG "Seat"

Upvote 0
Looked at the Yamaha amp you are using and then what you said in the first post.

You may of had this right but I will go over connections again....

Best to connect your Realtek Soundcard for Simvibe via 3.5mm - RCA cables. Have these go into the "Multi-Channel Inputs" of the Yamaha amp you have. Then select the "Multi-Channel Input" as the source on the amplifier.

For the tactile, the first pair should come out of STEREO A at the bottom right, not the STEREO B with spring clips at top. (I wonder if this is what you have done?) It is best to use the main stereo or primary amplification first.

Soundcard Output (Choose what you want)
For EM Green = Seat & Shifter
= Amp Front Stereo Input via Multichannel - Stereo A L/R cable output to tactile.

For CM Green = Front Left /Right Wheels
= Amp Front Stereo Input via Multichannel - Stereo A L/R cable output to tactile.

You don't actually need two amps neither as mentioned above by the other member. This model you have will power up-to 5 transducers of those units you have (possibly not however, more demanding Buttkicker models).

*The question is if you had units connected to Stereo B output but had not set A/B Stereo operation on the amp, as then you would not get any response from them!

See bottom left on the image for the inputs you should be using, click and then click again for larger.
I can't think of anything else that may be the issue if you know the sound card is operating correctly and Simvibe is connecting.

** Do take note however the amplifier you are using has a minimum of 6ohm resistance, not the recommend 4ohm that most tactile units operate with. This may cause the amplifier to strain, overheat and kick in its thermal protection.

For this amp you have to select either 6ohm or 8ohm via on-screen menu (USA/CAN models)
See manual page 12.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have speaker mode B and speaker chanels B. 4ohm is working, have tried musik on them and no overheat ore protect.
I have seat and shifter options in simcom, i know i must have another cabel to get pedals instead. But dosent make a differens for me, same outputs options avable att shifter and pedals right?. Next time i will try to change 3.5 rca cabel to my harman reciver, and trie to get vibbes to my 5.1 speaker system. Dosent that work, thene its simcom that is the problem. Tried that with digital cable, dosent work. So no analog cable i will try.

Upvote 0
Cheers just trying to cover all aspects.

Your issue is an annoying one no doubt and strange.
You can even just plug in headphones to the EM output to try and listen for effects, you dont need to amplify them. The Test Tone feature is bollocks, it doesn't output accurate tones to what you set the slider to and it outputs a different tone for CM to EM. It also can briefly leak some frequencies to other channels.

The only similar experience I have is with my Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard. It uses Creative onboard audio and it refuses to output my EM unless I run the channel test and switch it between Headphones/Speaker output. I have to do that everytime. I also got caught out with the headphone/speaker outputs which was easy to do.

Keep in mind that Simvibe uses low frequencies including subharmonics much more than music or even movies do.
When you have multiple effects operating, that will be the test to determine if the amp is okay and it may be. Although I think it's possible to get 8ohm versions of the Bass Pumps if you do have issues.

Upvote 0
I tried to change reciver to my harman kardon, with my 5.1 sound system, to se if some vibbes came out from that reciver with the analog 3.5 rca cabel that it change to. But same thing there, not a sound ore vibb. But test is working. Thanks for trying to help me!

Upvote 0
Hey no worries would like to see you find a solution and then learn from your experience.

You may of tried these,
Remove all other sound devices, only have the onboard audio
Re-install the drivers for your motherboard/audio and restart system
Re-install Simvibe and restart system
Then test

If that still has no success then try a new sound card like the affordable "Asus Xonar DGX" which is a popular choice to use it for Simvibe role.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back