I can't find my track in rFactor

N

nunyo

• nunyo

I've exported my track from BTB in rFactor format, the files all seem to be in the right place (GameData\Locations), but it's not listed in the game so I can't select it to create the AIW info.

I'm building a track for GTR2 (started in BTB Evo), then realized that for multiplayer use I'll need to do the rest of the AIW stuff. So I opened the project with BTB (since BTB Evo can't export to rFactor) and exported it from there. Now the game and AIWCAM editor do not see the track at all.

This seems like it will be something rather silly/simple, but I'm stumped. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If it's not showing up in rFactor then I think it's most likely a file or files in the wrong place or missing.

In GameData\Locations you should find your track folder containing only sky.mas and a subfolder. In the subfolder are lots of files, included should be:
yourtrack.aiw
yourtrack.cam
yourtrack.gdb
yourtrack.scn
yourtrack.tdf

If any are missing then re-export the track from BTB making sure all the 'Overwrite' check boxes are ticked.

• thren

make sure when you export from btb to rfactor that you name the track location the same name as you have saved it in BTB.
e.g.

BTB> save as > "my track"
BTB> export to rfactor > "my track" (not "my track rox")

I found that this solved the problem that you describe when I was
changing the name of the track when exporting.

• nunyo

Thanks everyone for the quick and helpful responses. The winner of this round of "Help the noob" is thren. Your knowledge of naming limitations has allowed me to take another step forward, if I can ever race my friends on this track I'll be sure to name a corner after you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%