F1 2011 I cant apply the patches

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Every time i try to patch the game it doesnt work it gives me a wierd error and then to check out the logs which are nonsense .
And on top of that i have no clue how to fix it,guys do you know how to fix it?
If you want i can upload that logs so you can check it out .
(For the record if someone tries to imply something) I have a retail version of F1 2011 .

This might help:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...upport-1420/479969-can-not-apply-patches.html

Maybe the info below does help others with the same issue.
Seems the patch installer and/or F1 2011 game has difficulties when you change drive letters, even when you un-install Windows Live and/or F1 2011 and install it again. Somehow old drive letters connected with F1 2011 are left behind in the registry.
In my case I did put in a new HD and removed old one which had several partitions. F1 2011 was installed on H:\. I did uninstall things before changing drives but somehow F1 2011 did not put it right in the registry.
Installed new drive (only D:\ on it) and installed F1 2011 there. And then I could not apply the 1.2 patch because the registry still showed H:\Games\Codemasters instead of the new D:\Games\Codemasters.
I had to do a batch rename in the registry to change all the mentions with Codemasters in it from H:\ to D:\ ... and now the patch is applied just fine
smile.gif

Still i cant get the patch to work and its starting to get annoying.Isnt there a way to unpack the files manually and just replace them:?
If i am not mistaken not long time ago someone uploaded Patch 1.1 unpacked for me.
Can somebody do this trick with patch 1 and 2 at separate folders,otherwise id have to brake down my Raid with the drives and do all the installation from scratch which i dont want to do.
And on top of that after i read about this problem on codemasters i`d have to brake up even my ssds raid because i`ve been installing couple times the game on my bootdrive just to pump a little bit extra performance.
Why things are so complicated sigh ....
If there is anyone with a better solution,please contact me and lets figure it out.
Until then i am forced to play the game on my Laptop.

OK ..... I used a universal extractor today on the 2 independent patch files I got when the patches were released. It looks like all the files extracted perfectly.

I have zipped the 2 sets of files up, and uploaded to my account at Gamefront. You should be able to just unpack them to any folder of your choice, then copy and paste them into your game install folder, over-writing existing files. Personally I would backup your game folder before doing this.

Hopefully it will all work out fine for you, and GFWL will picked up on the fact that the game has been patched.

Patch 1.1 - 28.47 Mb - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21535859/F1 2011 Patch 1.1.zip

Patch 1.2 - 35.92 Mb - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21535866/F1 2011 Patch 1.2.zip

These files come from EFIGS version of the patches (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish)

I would also recommend (to anyone) who wants to move a game, especially if you don't want to uninstall then re-install, use a program called 'SteamMover' to move your game to another drive. It was designed for Steam Games, but works for ANY folder or application.

It moves the game files to a drive/folder of your choice, and leaves a Symbolic Link behind at the original location of the game folder. To the operating system, the game location is transparent, it essentially 'thinks' that the game is in it's original location, but it operates from the new one.

In my case I have a dedicated games hard drive (my fastest drive), but when I replaced my system disk with an SSD drive, I moved a few of my most used games to the SSD using Steam Mover, like F1 2011 and Battlefield 3.

Eventually I'll move them back again, when I don't play those games any more, or when I need the space on the SSD for another game or application. As I am on Windows 7 x64, I even used the program to move my 'Windows Virtual XP PC' operating system off the SSD to another drive.

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

EDIT: I should add that you can move data folders too (or only). There is nothing more annoying than having a dedicated gaming drive, then some stupid game stores large amounts of game data in some folder on your C drive (usually C:users ... blah blah blah). A drive I like to keep for the operating system (in general), and as a reasonably small partition. The more recent Call of Duty games like World @ War is a good example. If you use mods and custom maps, Activision stored them all on your C drive, really irritating. At the time I moved them manually and used a symbolic link or redirect. This is where SteamMover would be useful again,

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%