WIP HZ-circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all the tracks ready. Now i have to have a good instruction how to work with the MAS utility.
I know: All the GMT files in mytrack.mas, all the textures in mytrackMaps.mas. Point in the *.scr file. But somehow i make somewhere a mistake, it doesn't load.

ps. Somehow the old version v1.03, is corrupted. Even i can't download it anymore. Sadly i don't have a backup for it. Only the non compiled version.

problem.JPG
Small problem But i am learning now how to compile tracks.

Hopefully found the problem. But a new one arose when compiling. Now it can't find the "Clubcircuit_Maps.mas" file. While it is actualy there.
A small tuto about compiling/using the Mas utility would be greatly appreciated.

Mas files are fairly easy.

All you need to do is:
- download ISI's MAS tool (I assume you have already done that :))
- Open the MAS tool and Import all of the textures (you can make this easier by sorting the files by 'file type' and highlighting all the textures of one type, eg DDSs... import... BMPs... import etc.)
- Once that's done, people generally save/export it as TEXTURES.MAS, <<YOURTRACK>>MAPS.MAS or <<YOURTRACK>>_TEXTURES.MAS
- Do the same for all of the .GMT files, and again, people generally save/export it as MODELS.MAS, <<YOURTRACK>>.MAS or <<YOURTRACK>>_MODELS.MAS
- As a safety measure, at this point I add all of the files to a Zip, 7Zip or RAR file and put it on my desktop, Incase I missed a file or two.
- Delete all image and model files that you added to the MAS archives, leaving behind the .AIW, .CAM, .GDB, .SCN and .TDF files, of course as well as the two .MAS archives.
- Open up the .scn file and find the lines which start with "MASFile=".
- Enter two new lines - "MASFile=<<Your texture MAS file>>" and "MASFile=<<Your models MAS file>>", eg "MASFile=MODELS.MAS" and "MASFile=TEXTURES.MAS"

Now start up rFactor and see if it works!

If you have I or two models or textures missing, as rFacotr will tell you, open up the MAS tool again, open the appropriate .MAS file and add the missing files.

Hope this is useful :)

FM96

Still a painstaking task to compile all the files. What works at one track doesn't work out for others.
Got all layouts ready!.

Full course
Short course
Club
National
Rally course
Intermediate course.

Edit: it seems that when i keep the original folder intact, the results are good. I copy the original one to another drive and save the compiled mas files in a different folder. After deleting the original texture and gmt files i copy the mas files into that map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%