Hydraulic e brake

Hello i just ordered some parts for a hydro e brake and im just wondering if you guys think this would work sorry for the cringe photo lmao

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 176
Hi there turtle,

As it stands I don't think your solution would work as you'd expect. The handbrake will go solid very quickly as the brake fluid will just lock up the cylinder, there is nothing to compress. The best thing is to use a pull style clutch slave cylinder, with an input from the brake master cylinder, and the 1000psi sensor on a tee on the hose from the slave to the master. Derek Speare did a fantastic guide with components quoted, Google "Dsd diy hydraulic handbrake" and it should be a thread on ISRTV. If you need more help do not hesitate to ask :)

Upvote 0
It will work. U'll just apply force, and pressure will increase. All the same. But the handbrake itself, it will just not move. Depends on your preferences.

Upvote 0
Is there any other fluid that will make it work or any way it will work
Hi there turtle,

As it stands I don't think your solution would work as you'd expect. The handbrake will go solid very quickly as the brake fluid will just lock up the cylinder, there is nothing to compress. The best thing is to use a pull style clutch slave cylinder, with an input from the brake master cylinder, and the 1000psi sensor on a tee on the hose from the slave to the master. Derek Speare did a fantastic guide with components quoted, Google "Dsd diy hydraulic handbrake" and it should be a thread on ISRTV. If you need more help do not hesitate to ask :)

It will work. U'll just apply force, and pressure will increase. All the same. But the handbrake itself, it will just not move. Depends on your preferences.

Upvote 0
To have some progressive travel then the best idea is to follow the guide I suggested earlier by Derek Speare. Another tip is if that looks too complex or expensive is to just use a load cell.
Well I chose this route because I saw this https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Hydrau...rentrq:5125586c1670ad7871790b3efffffd9e|iid:1 they prefill with water and not brake fluid so should i use water I can't afford a loadcell option that is why I chose this it cost me 60 USD and it's getting shipped on dec4

Upvote 0
Water does not compress either and will give the same feeling, like pulling a tree, it will register and work as a pressure activated handbrake, but will not move much more than 10mm or so. If that's what you want then that's fine. I can also point you towards a 3/8 UNF to 1/8 NPT adaptor is you need it :)

Upvote 0
Water does not compress either and will give the same feeling, like pulling a tree, it will register and work as a pressure activated handbrake, but will not move much more than 10mm or so. If that's what you want then that's fine. I can also point you towards a 3/8 UNF to 1/8 NPT adaptor is you need it :)
i have one dont worry i just forgot to list it

Upvote 0
what do you recommend to do?

Upvote 0
what do you recommend to do?
If you have all the bits, commit to filling it with Dot 3/4/5.1 (doesn't make any difference) or water if you really cannot justify getting brake fluid, and just shoving the output on the master cylinder outlet. Try it out like that, if you like the feeling keep it, if you want more travel I can certainly help you out in terms of simply adding a slave cylinder.

Upvote 0
If you have all the bits, commit to filling it with Dot 3/4/5.1 (doesn't make any difference) or water if you really cannot justify getting brake fluid, and just shoving the output on the master cylinder outlet. Try it out like that, if you like the feeling keep it, if you want more travel I can certainly help you out in terms of simply adding a slave cylinder.
alright ill try it out thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years