Huge frame drop with smoke

I have the game maxed out and on my 780 gtx system and I can get well over 100 fps. But I notice when going off road and get a HUGE fps drop because of the smoke. Anyone else notice this? What setting would i lower to minimise the smoke stuttering

I'm sure they've improved graphics performance but special effects still demands more graphics than many of our graphic cards can provide. I suggest, again, to turn off this special effects as you wouldn't notice (I don't) the difference and will increase your fps specially at race start.

i was playing austria last nite, and in a replay of the start looking down the straight i was getting as low as 30fps when the dirt offline was kicked up. With that in mind i reduced DSR to x2 (instead of x4) which helps considerably, only drops to high 40s now. Also one thing that helped is that i used to run 22 cars (myslef included) now i just run 19, and that helps the fps, as it seems to allow more headroom. Also some tracks seem to be worse for the dust than others. But drs x2 with x2 AA still looks pretty good and still sharp..

I wont lie, GSC isnt the best optimised game out there, but with reizas small team i will allow this. Considering i can run AC full at 60 fps... its a small sacrifice to drop a few cars or gfx to get this playable.
the end of the day its worth it, and races miles better than AC, does and ever will imo.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back