HUD widgets and reverse gear

Hi guys,

I'm enjoying AMS2, but there are two things so far that are bugging me:

1) the HUD widgets - I like to have the rev counter/speedometer, but I also want to have the pedals widgets. Can't get those pedal bars on the screen unless I turn on the tires HUD, which fill all the screen with tires' telemetry. I want only the pedals bars together with the rev counter/speedometer. Made a search on Google and couldn't find anything on this regard. Tried the HUD "editor", but there's no option to add the pedals bars (or I didn't find it). Is there a way to have these like I explained above?

2) The reverse gear. It annoys me that to go reverse, I must engage the reverse gear and press the BRAKE pedal to go backwards - why can't it be on the gas pedal? I fiddled with the controls options, but couldn't find anything on this, no clue at all. Any help?

Thanks!

2) The reverse gear. It annoys me that to go reverse, I must engage the reverse gear and press the BRAKE pedal to go backwards - why can't it be on the gas pedal?
I have no idea why the sim is doing this for you... do you have your wheel set up as a gamepad or something? For me, just like every other sim, I engage reverse and press the throttle to drive backwards. The brake stops the car in all situations.

Last edited:
Simhub is an option, but you have to use Window mode. I've been using it as I also have other additional Huds like the radar.

What do you mean by Window mode? Run the sim in windowed screen? Gonna check that Simhub. Thanks.

I have no idea why the sim is doing this for you... do you have your wheel set up as a gamepad or something? For me, just like every other sim, I engage reverse and press the throttle to drive backwards. The brake stops the car in all situations.

Strange. I can't use the brake to keep the car stopped. If I brake until it stops and then keep pressing the brake pedal, it automatically engages the reverse gear and starts accelerating backwards. I should use the throttle to brake, then.

My wheel is set up as a Logitech G29, the calibrations are all working well.
Perhaps - it came to my mind now - it has to do with the automatic shifting (I use automatic shift)? Gonna test it later tonight (GMT -3). In ACC automatic shifting doesn't cause it - brake works as expected.

Thanks!

Lol... that's it. :) I've never used automatic gears in ACC, but in the vast majority of sims it's brake to reverse once you're stopped.

Yeah, it indeed is the automatic shifting, have just tested it. :)
Now I'm practicing to make the definitive transition to manual shifting. Good progress so far, still not the same lap times as before, though, diff is around half a second.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back