ISO VLM GTPC Conversion

Cars ISO VLM GTPC Conversion 1.8 Patch part 2

Login or Register an account to download this content
FYI I came across what appears to be a texture related issue with one of the cars.

1984 > WEC > Group C1 > Porsche 956 > Joest Racing > Henri Pescarolo #7 (“standard” not Nurburgring)

The windscreen, side windows and headlight covers appear as opaque white from external camera views. Everything is fine from inside the cockpit.

I just want to thank you for this great mod. I did not have any problems unzipping the files and the behavior of the gearbox can be easily adapted to your own wishes. I have not driven all the cars by far, but apart from all this you have done a tremendous job that deserves all our respect.:thumbsup:

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to select opponents in greater detail than just the year ?

in the RF1 version I could pick and choose by class, car model etc, but here only by year ?

OllieC, now there is a name i remember from back in the day :) sent you some sound for the Rover SD1 long long ago. Years later i have the honor of you driving my stuff!

Unfortunally yes, i only could make filters for year, or le mans grids per year. AMS makes it a lot harder to create filters to select cars, or extra skins per car, and the bigger the mod, the worse. I had to get creative with the skins to be able to include all that were in the original mod...

I am glad you are enjoying!

Hello Richard, Thank you for your reply - I can work around the class limitations, I see myself spending quite a bit of time with these cars, and didn't want to miss anything obvious when choosing the opponents

The TCL SD1 still sounds pretty good I reckon ;)

Thanks again for this conversion and also the 88 CART mod, which is also excellent

Dethrone1427 Here is how I did it using 7zip: Put all four files in one folder. Create another folder within that folder - name it what ever you want, I named it VLM Mod. Unzip all four files with 7zip into that folder. When you open the folder you will see four seperate folders - HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001, HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002, HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003, HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004. Cut and paste the contents of folders .002, .003, and .004 into folder .001. Create a new folder within folder .001. Run the installer with 7zip (image 3 - red arrow and image 0) and install into the new folder. Open the new folder and find HSO_GTPCAMS folder(image 4), open HSO_GTPCAMS folder and cut and paste contents into your AMS root folder(images 5 & 6). I know this last bit is probably way basic for you - so no offence intended. I hope this works for you,

Frapp!!!

Attachments

• VLM Mod UnZip_0.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_0.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 240
  • VLM Mod UnZip_1.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_1.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 262
  • VLM Mod UnZip_2.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_2.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 204
  • VLM Mod UnZip_3.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_3.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 272
  • VLM Mod UnZip_4.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_4.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 251
  • VLM Mod UnZip_5.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_5.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 243
  • VLM Mod UnZip_6.jpg
    VLM Mod UnZip_6.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
So, as awesome as this mod is, I still have major flickering in cockpit view. I seem to remember from rfactor days there was usually an "STEX"(steering wheel texture?) file that you could change the values of and that worked. I have no idea how to fix this. As I am not the only one experiencing this, is there any guidance or help anyone can think of?

Thank you in advance,

FraPP!!!

Last edited:
Cheers anyways mate, tried it - never used 7Zip - followed your instructions but the same thing didnt happen when i followed your guidance to the letter, not worried its a ridiculous way of installing a mod. Im guessing it was structured in this way due to size but I cba with this rather unneccesarily complex way of unzipping files into a game - i'll give this one a miss. Glad you guys are having fun with it! Roll on AMS2.

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod. So much content.
For those struggling to get it to work, it's very much worth the effort. You don't need to mess around with a command box. WINRAR is an alternative program to use if 7Zip is not working.

Any thoughts on the flashing in the cockpit? As good as this mod is, it's kind of hard to drive in a lazer light show. As stated by others, I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. It would be a shame to have to bin this excellent work over such a small issue. For me, driving in anything other than cockpit view reduces the reality of the experience. After all, who sits on thier hood/bonnet to drive? It's totally unrealistic.

FraPP!!!

Just a thought, but it might be a good idea if folks mention the specific cars that exhibit the flashing issue. Or for that matter, cars that aren’t. It may help to narrow down which textures or other car components may be suspects.

I’ve been driving 1984 WEC 956s almost exclusively and haven’t really noticed much of anything when it comes to cockpit flashing. I do have occasional glimpses of what look like reflections on the interior of the windscreen but they are low fidelity, highly transparent, and really not even visible to any significant degree. In other words, they’re just kind of there every now and then and not a distraction. FWIW, I’m using a GeForce 1070 with the “Diablo III” antialiasing set in NVIDIA Inspector.

I get it in the 956 as well. It seems that every car I drive has flickers. However, if I move through the field while sitting in the pits, some cars don't flicker, some flicker more than others. Most do flicker. If I try to drive a car that previously didn't flicker, it now flickers. Haven't driven every car but, I've driven a few.

Last edited:
For me this happens with both Nvidia and AMD based cards. Back in the GSC Ex days I used rFactor tools to do a conversion of this mod and had no issues. I understand that one can't just "drop" a GSC Ex car conversion into AMS the way you can with converted tracks. I don't know how you converted it but, if the process was similar, maybe the issue happened somewhere between initial conversion and the process of making it work in AMS.

Richard, I still have this mod in an rFactor installation so, even though it would be cool to drive in AMS, if I need a fix, I can always drive in good ole' rF.

Thank you for your efforts and, thank you for sharing them. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this community - sim racers rule!

FraPP!!!

I really enjoy this mod ! I cant believe how much content is in there !?!
Amazing , the FFB and car handling is brilliant .
But... i have this weird problem where the grass now changes from light to dark (standard) green and flickering between the two . I only noticed after installing this mod , i have it installed on the public AMS ,so instead of removing this mod i thought id try the Beta first and it worked normally so i installed this mod to the Beta and now the same thing happens , i removed the mod and grass doesn't flicker ????
How can a car mod effect the grass colour ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back